Thursday, 29 July 2010

Flash!

No. Not that kind of flash. Honestly, have you all got dirty minds?

One month after publication, my two copies of Flash!, a book of speculative flash fiction containing my short story, Even Zombies Have to Shop, have finally arrived. Due to the original publisher Lame Goat Press going AWOL, it feels like I've been waiting months. Thankfully the original editor, Chris Bartholomew, took over publication of the book via Static Movement. She's done a great job. Flash! is available from Amazon and Waterstones.

My OH and I did the ceremonal placing of my anthology on the bookshelf - there are four now, and another six to come - and he drank a glass of wine. I have a yeast intolerance, so drank shloer instead. Oh, the high life of an author!

13 comments:

  1. Big congratulations on your milestone! I have only had a few bits and pieces published, but still hope to have something more complete someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. . .just realised that my post looks like I've had a whole book published. Sorry! Just the one story in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Ellie - so many anthologies! Have another glass on Shloer on me! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!! Well done you! I hope that one day you'll gather all these yummy stories together and have an anthology under your name!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Looks like you're well on your way to filling a bookshelf. :) Hope you enjoyed the shloer (whatever that is??)! Sloe gin drank out of a shoe? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Whether it's a whole book or a single story it's an achievement. I would love to be able to say that my fiction had been published. Somehow the stuff I do for my day job just isn't "special" enough to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Ellie! And I'm with Janel, I'm wondering what shloer is! Or does that mean you just drank TOO much and couldn't spell it?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! What a great feeling, to see your work in print!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Ellie. One book, or one story in an anthology, it's published work. Here's to you and more success!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Old Kitty - I'd love to have an anthology of my stories one day. If I tell myself it will happen enough times, hopefully it will come true.

    Janel & Becky - you had me convinced I'd spelt Shloer wrong, then I remembered you're not in the UK. Shloer is a non-alcohol sparkling juice drink. Very nice, but full of sugar.

    AJ - never give up the dream! Everything you write is special, because you wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ellie! Thanks for the Shloer definition! I should've looked it up on Google!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's brilliant! I love your style in these blog posts, so I can imagine the Flash fiction must be great too.
    Madeleine x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!