Wednesday, 15 September 2010

50 Stories for Pakistan

Earlier this year, I was honoured to make my debut anthology publication in 100 Stories for Haiti. As with Haiti, author Greg McQueen has felt compelled to help raise money for another humanitarian disaster, this time in Pakistan. Here are his words:

“Once again I have found myself in the position where I cannot ignore the need to do something. This time it is Pakistan … The United Nations estimates that twenty million people have lost their homes as a result of the flooding that started last July. Add to this the thousands who have already lost their lives, and the thousands who will lose their lives because of famine and disease … And well, it is once again time to do something!”– Greg McQueen

I know this is incredibly short notice, but Greg is asking for 500 word short story submissions by Sunday 19th September. Why not search your unsubmitted files and see if there is anything suitable?

For full submission guidelines click here.

Details on how to purchase 100 Stories for Haiti are available here.

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Thanks for the heads-up, Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellie, though I think the only story I have of that length has a woman being garroted by a ferrett! Oops...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already sent a submission. Would be nice if I could get in to such a great cause, but I'm not hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous tribute! I love the heads up, thanks Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great idea but the only pieces I have of that length that aren't already submitted somewhere are quite dark and depressing! still, there's a few days, I might be able to come up with something...

    Ellie, looks like we're going to be in an anthology together, I just got accepted into Pill Hill Press's 2013: The Aftermath anthology! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that the book cover! Wow!!!

    It's a great cause! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talli - thanks. It's good to be part of something worthwhile!

    Madeleine - garroted by a ferrett?! Now that I want to read!

    Pixie - that's fantastic. I'll keep my fingers-crossed for you. There were over 400 stories submitted for the Haiti book, so I wasn't hopeful the first time. But I still got in. You never know unless you try!

    Jen - thank you!

    Joleen - I've had to come up with something new as well. The difficult part is keeping it under 500 words!

    Wow. We're in an anthology together! Yey! As soon as I saw the cover I knew I had to be in the 2013 anthology. My story is quite experimental. I won't say anymore - you'll have to wait until the book arrives. LOL.

    Old Kitty - I've not spoken directly to Greg, but I'm pretty sure that must be the cover, as it's on the page with the book details. It's an awesome cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea and a great cause thanks for the heads up Eliie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll go take a look. Always happy to help a good cause.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!