Sunday, 19 September 2010

A Creative Blogger Award

My blog post today was supposed to be about write about what you know, but that will have to wait until later in the week, as the tiny and slightly mad (her words) Emma Kathryn over at Beware the Vampire Bunnies has nominated me for a Creative Blogger Award.

As a recipient of this award I must partake of the following:
  1. Thank the award giver and link to their blog.
  2. Nominate five other creative writers/bloggers and link to their blogs.
  3. List either six crazy truths and one outrageous lie or six outrageous lies and one crazy truth.

So, a massive thank you to Emma. The five creative writers/bloggers I nominate are:

Old Kitty at Ten Lives and Second Chances

Summer at My Inner Fairy

Madeleine at Scribble and Edit

Janel at Janel's Jumble

AJ at MorningAJ

Now for my six crazy truths and one lie or six outrageous lies and one crazy truth. But which are they? You decide!

  1. I've seen David Bowie in concert thirty-four times.
  2. I have a crush on Professor Brian Cox, who presented Wonders of the Solar System, and follow his twitter comments daily.
  3. My brother and I came third in the National Cadet Sailing Championships.
  4. When I was twenty I was stranded in Egypt when I lost my flight boarding pass. I was interrogated for two days before they let me fly home.
  5. When I went to Paris in my teens, we couldn't go up the Eiffel tower because Duran Duran where filming their View to a Kill video.
  6. My partner is 18 years older than me.
  7. Although I'm 38, I quite regularly get asked for ID when purchasing alcohol.

Have you decided yet?!

22 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Congratulations with your award! Yay!! And what fiendish rules!! Good grief...

    Er.... ok - I think these are 5 truths and one lie??? The lie is.... no.1 cos 34 times is just mad or is it??!! The rest are just so amazing they must have happened!!! :-)

    And thank you so much for my nomination, thank you!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want me to figure something out on a weekend? :) I'm really not sure and considering only one is fake, you've had a very interesting life!

    Thanks for passing the award onto me and I'll post it in a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for my nomination! I'd say No 1 since I agree with Old Kitty that 34 concerts sounds incredible! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Kitty, Janel, and Madeleine - LOL. I've just realised I'm supposed to have 7 points! Either 6 truths and 1 lie or 6 lies and 1 truth. I've added one more, its up to you to work out which of the two choices I followed. He...he.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma Kathryn, Old Kitty, and Madeleine have correctly guessed that number one is not true - I've only seen David Bowie in concert three times. So, are the rest lies or truths?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going with number 4 is a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will go with the six lies and one truth. But which one can it be. They are all so convincing. I will pick three as the truth and I only pick this one because I used to compete in sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly - you are correct in that number 5 is a lie; Duran Duran filmed the day before we went to the Eiffel Tower.

    That makes two lies, numbers 1 and 5, which means only one of the remaining is the truth . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. MorningAJ - Correct. I was prevented from boarding the flight at Cairo, and interrogated, but only for two hours.

    Ann - You are correct in that they are six lies and one truth, but number three is a lie. We did compete in the national championships, but came 119 out of 121!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A quick round-up - 1, 3, 4, and 5 are lies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd say one was a lie for sure...if i had to pick a truth it would be--I think number 7 is the truth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very very much for nominating me, unfortunately I do not have alot of time so if I can make some I'll post....otherwise I really appreciate you noticing me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmmm, it's all very hard, they all do sound convincing, so all are lies except one? Is no 6 your truth?

    I hope my collection of truths and lies on my blogspot aren't too obvious! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summer - thank you for picking number 7, but alas it is not true. I did get asked for ID when I was 32 though. The funniest ever was being asked if I was old enough to buy a lottery ticket at 25! (I Totally understand about time and short notice for this blog award).

    Madeleine and AJ - well done. Number 6 is true! The LSO (long-suffering one) is 57 this year. Bless him.

    Funny how no-one went for number 2. I do think Brian Cox (aka the Rock Professor because he was once in a rock group called Dare) is gorgeous. I occasionally look at his Twitter page, but not every day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ellie - Well, you're either a real adventuress or a great fabricator...maybe both! :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your award my friend. 34 times? Wow...I've never seen him once LOL :) Have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gail - thank you!

    Lisa - I've had a semi-adventuress life and I'm a great fabricator, I think. LOL.

    Thom - LOL. I've only seen Bowie in concert three times, but one of them was at the Royal Festival Hall on the night before my 30th birthday. The LSO surprised me. Bowie was on stage for just over three hours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So how does this Creative blogger award nomination work then? :O)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!