Sunday, 3 October 2010

I Smell A Bad Ending Turned Good

I don't know whether to be chuffed or embarrassed, but I'm a finalist for The Scent of an Ending competition. If you don't know anything about this competition, it asks you to submit the title for an imaginary novel and the final 25 - 125 words. The twist is that your ending must be a bad. Your writing must literally stink.

As I'm always looking for the more unusual competitions, I entered and was surprised to be selected as a finalist. They haven't named the winners yet but you can read my entry here. Details for their next competition, ending on the 3rd January 2011, are here. As they put it, "Start the New Year wrong!"

In the mean time I'll be keeping my nose to the grindstone and hoping I might win.

17 comments:

  1. What an interesting competition!!! I wish you the best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! An interesting competition indeed! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. It sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You're right. That was awful. Congratulations! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww!! And I love how the first prize is 89.93! LOL!! Awww please win - your ending of endless ending-ness etc is just sublime! Well done you!!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well to be honest I think they are all fab! Good luck :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I forgot to say I have awarded you a blog award too. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love deliberately bad writing contests! Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh well done Ellie and good luck for the final judging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen - thank you!

    Rachel - you've got to laugh. Thank you!

    Thom - thank you!

    Lisa - All the endings are so bad they're good, I think?!

    Old Kitty - thank you! I too laughed at the odd entrance fee and prize money.

    Madeleine - yes. I agree! Ooo. . .an award. Thank you! I really need to find somewhere to display mine on my blog.

    Janel - thank you!

    Joanne - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Ellie! What fun! I certainly hope you win!! Loved your stinky, endless story! I'll have to try that next one! Maybe you can help remind me?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a loony lol

    The Erotic Pirate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, that wasn't yours, just the first.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's like when Les Dawson used to play the piano. You can't do it that badly unless you're good at it.
    Mind you, that endlessly ending end is truly awful!
    Well done. (And good luck)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Becky - I'll definitely remind you - it's too funny to forget!

    Lee - LOL. You do make me laugh.

    MorningAJ - thank you! I did try to write a stinker!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a really good bad ending! Haha, good luck with the competition.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!