Monday, 25 October 2010

Zombie Week (25th - 31st October)

After working Saturday, not getting to bed until 1am Saturday and Sunday night, and cooking a roast for the neighbours Sunday, I feel like a zombie this morning. And it has occurred to me that during NaNoWriMo I might just resemble a zombie to all the non-writers in my life, as every second of my spare time is devoted to the lives of my characters and the journey they will take me on. No doubt I'll be sat in the corner of the room at some event or function, looking vacant and staring into space. Someone will ask me if I'd like another drink and I'll say, "Is that wise? The spaceship has just lost artificial gravity and is plummeting to the hostile planets surface. I don't think now is the time for a drink."

So in an attempt to recognise and embrace the zombie within, and because I just want to have some fun before the seriousness of NaNoWriMo starts on the 1st November, I'm declaring 25th - 31st October Zombie Week on my blog. Sink your teeth into today's starter course, a book trailer that blends Star Trek and Zombies into one. On Wednesday I'll be offering the succulent main course and asking, how long will it take you to become infected from a zombie bite? We'll skip the dessert on Friday (zombies need to watch their waistlines too) and head straight for the coffee, because have you ever pondered the intricacies of zombie dating? No. I hadn't either. Finally, on Halloween you'll find out what happened to me when I took a walk at the beach and was bitten by a zombie fish. It wasn't pretty.

Let the feastivities begin! Please note this book trailer contains images that some people may find disturbing or offensive.

21 comments:

  1. Did you say ZOMBIES.... yeah!
    :)
    iZombie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Well I'm intrigued to know what happened to you, Ellie, when you got bitten by the zombie fish. I wonder what would happen if you ate a zombie fish, too? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zombie's always rock. Just remember the rule: "The double tap."

    ReplyDelete
  4. iZombie - that's right. Repeat after me, 'I'm a zombaholic and proud!'

    Madeleine - emm. . .not sure they'd taste nice. LOL.

    Lee - LOL. The double tap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you get vegetarian zombies? Just wondered! LOL!!

    I'm at work but will watch your clip in all its glory once I get home!!! We love us some zombie star trekker mash up!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are lots of ideas you cn mix up zombies with, not just Trekkers. Maybe if they have a wormhole they can infect the earth much quicker.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw that trailer yesterday - it needs to be a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Old Kitty - vegetarian zombies, that would be a novel twist!

    Stephen Tremp - wormhole. LOL. Yes, that would work.

    Alex - yes! They producers would be able to draw in two huge fan bases.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! The red shirt dies!! LOL!!! Gulf Con!!! LOL!

    Oh what fab trailer!!! Yay!! I love it!! LOL!!

    Thanks for sharing this here and making my Monday evening such fun!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHahahhahahaa.... so funny! It's hard to believe it's just a book trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ellie - Wohoo!!! I'm going to look like a zombie during Nano. I did last year. Also, that when ALL of the neighbors I hadn't met decided to come and say, "Hello."
    Great trailer!!! Let the zombiefest begin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm skipping Nano this year. My Dad is coming over, from England, and I'm planning a dinner party for his visit. I want to have up my Christmas decorations before he gets here....he's never seen them before. :) We've lived in different countries since I was 8....I'm also having a company Christmas party comping up in December, so I've got to prepare for that too. I think 'll keep track of my word count on my blog just for the fun of it. :)

    Happy Nano to you Ellie....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Drat! My sound isn't working. I'll have to check back to get the full effect of the trailer. The visuals are cool, though.

    You made me laugh with your scenario of being at a party. Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. In honour of 'zombie week', Ellie:

    http://stevenchapmanwriter.blogspot.com/2010/10/when-there-are-no-more-single-people-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm tempted to say "so what's so special about this week?" I've kind of learned to expect zombies here :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Old Kitty - I'm glad you like it! Alex J. Cavanaugh said it should be made into a film and I agree.

    Lynda - I agree; it must have cost a few dollars to make!

    RaShelle - LOL. I'm sure there will be an invisible sign above our heads saying 'NaNoWriMo - do disturb'!

    Sharon K. Mayhew - how wonderful having your Dad come to stay. You must be so excited! Perhaps I'll see you on NaNo next year?

    Lisa Ricard Claro - well to see the trailer at its best you need to see it in the original Klingon version. . .now where did I put my translator?

    Stephen Chapman - oh, wow. I'm just picturing the look on my families and friends faces when I pitch the idea of a zombie wedding. LOL. Thank you!

    MorningAJ - LOL. I can't argue with that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woooo! Zombies! Very a propos of this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ellie! The trailer is impressive! It looks like a real film! Zombiessss, yaiiikss!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL< love the drink comment. I could so see you doing that too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. in marking your zombie week... i give you the award that best suits the occasion...

    http://izombielover.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-want-to-give-out-first-zombie-rabbit.html

    congrats
    iZombie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Talli - thank you!

    Len - LOL. It should be a film! The book is awesome. Ellie

    Summer Ross - I already talk to myself, so it's only a matter of time before I start conversing with my MCs.

    iZombie - wow. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!