Sunday, 12 December 2010

Through the Keyhole Blogfest Results


Last Monday, I took part in Madeleine’s Through the Keyhole Blogfest and posted a brief scene that described a character’s living space. Quite a few of you had a guess as to who the person may have been and most of you were thinking along the right lines - you decided it was probably set in the future and that the person was in some way connected to a machine, or even the machine itself.

The blogger who correctly guessed the room belonged to the main character from my NaNoWriMo novel, Dreaming of Sleep, was Margo Benson. Well done, Margo. You have won the winner’s key, provided by Madeleine.

Dreaming of Sleep’s Myron is trapped two thousand years in the future, after his time travel mission goes wrong. He lives in a government assigned pod, which is sparsely furnished and serves one important function – it ensures Myron is connected to the worldwide information hub for at least 18 hours a day. Paper-based products no longer exist and personal possessions are frowned upon. Sleep is illegal and the penality for breaking the law severe.

I really had fun with this blogfest. Thank you to Madeleine and everyone who took a guess.

8 comments:

  1. Well deserved Margo and a good job Ellie. I loved your description. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job... it was a entertaining blogger-fest...
    :)
    jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I need to go back and reread the post! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madeleine - thank you!

    iZombie - thank you! Madeleine keeps coming up with such entertaining blogfests!

    The Words Crafter - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Margo!!! I got the gender wrong! LOL!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ellie and everyone! I really want to read the whole story, I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex J. Cavanaugh - thank you!

    Old Kitty - I think most people thought it was a woman. LOL.

    Margo Benson - bless you. Thank you. It will quite a while before I'm ready to show it to anyone!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!