Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Bernard Pivot Blogfest


It's happened again - The Writer has gone AWOL. So, my friends, it's been left up to me - The Laptop - to honour her commitment to the Bernard Pivot Blogfest. It's a hard life but someone has to do it.

I'm not sure who Bernard Pivot is but the wonderful Nicole Ducleroir (and her awesome computer) are celebrating 500 followers and have asked us to answer a series of questions. Now normally I prefer talking about html, motherboards, and sound cards, but I think I can give it a go.


1. What is your favourite word?

Shut Down. Okay, that's actually two. But I sometimes wonder if The Writer will ever give me a break. There should laws against overworking a laptop.


2. What is your least favourite word?

Apple. Acer. Hewlett Packard.


3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

Just press the button below the screen and I'll do anything you want, baby. Actually, scrap that answer. I do have standards, you know.


4. What turns you off?

Who wrote these questions? Come on Bernard; point the mouse and click on shut down. Haven't I gone over this already?


5. What is your favourite curse word?

S**t. I hear it a lot.


6. What sound or noise do you love?

The sound of The Writers fingers caressing my keys, but not all night. There's only so long a laptop can keep it up.


7. What sound or noise do you hate?

A boiling kettle. What is it with writers and coffee? It's a hot liquid. Just one drop could render me useless. Have they no common sense?


8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

I've always wanted to be on television and did once apply for a job on the six o'clock news. Unfortunately, I didn't have the necessary qualifications - a degree in Media Studies and a wireless mouse are the minimum requirements. The laptop they are currently using is a professor!


9. What profession would you not like to do?

The editor's laptop at some big fashion magazine. Do you know how harsh they can be? One mistake and I'd be out.


10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

Welcome to Heaven Laptop, where there are infinite de-frags and constant upgrades. You'll never be outdated again.


So, there you have it. I've stepped in and saved the day, again. When The Writer can drag herself away from the day job, I'm expecting at least a 1GB of extra memory. Don't forget to visit all the other computers entering the blogfest - they need love too.

35 comments:

  1. new follower and fellow blogfester. ***waves*** Too funny, answering questions from the POV of a laptop! Very creative! (Apple is also the name of Gwyneth Paltrow's kid...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on this - fun answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha!!!!!!! Awesome, Ellie. Love your humour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha Ellie you're hilarious! I love the answers you gave, you had me chuckling all throughout!! What a perfect way to start a Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laugh! Wonderful answers - I particularly enjoyed no. 4.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Love this, Ellie's computer! I can understand why you'd hate the sound of a boiling kettle. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answer for #8. That's great!! (Um, didn't mean to rhyme.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Favorite answer: "the wound of The Writer's fingers clicking on the keys." Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's another approach to the blogfest. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't show more lovin' to my computer.

    Lee
    the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous answers- they made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your perspective on heaven LOL! Great light hearted answers. Its great to know you and the other bloggers in this challenge a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LMAO! I loved this! So glad to hear the laptop's answers, especially the one about Laptop Heaven. Never become outdated! Too funny!

    Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really enjoyed your tongue in cheek take on this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwww lovely Laptop!! Yay for rescuing the gorgeous Ellie!! I hope she's ok!!! You're doing a great job looking after her - what a star!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute laptop.....

    Nice spin on the blogfest!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute answers! Glad Laptop could step in and take over :D

    Cheers!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great twist and it worked too. I laughed as I read the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent work, lappie, we both got tripped up in the questions and we have the same favorite curse word. I think I might like the fingers on the keys, too... but I do love me some coffee~ ;p <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ellie you crack up! You had me rolling around the floor there especially the laptop professor.

    Denise:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Was it just my usual "misunperception", or was there a kind of "computer" theme going on in this post?

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tippy tappy key boards and the end of day? Sounds good round about now :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good job Laptop! Love your answers! Say hi to your owner for me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great spin on this! I love number 10.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done, trusty laptop. I won't bother to terrify you with tales of all the eating and drinking that goes on around my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Ellie .. love the computer take .. here's to all computers and all who try and navigate them .. Cheers - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Laptop,

    Great quips and good fun read! ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, great twist on the questionnaire! I loved #4 and #5!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love it! Never be outdated ... that would be about perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute! Number 3 cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those are some great answers, Laptop. I'm sorry you never get to enjoy coffee, though. Which reminds me, about time for my second latte...

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like answer number 4... seriously..that Bernard is a pretty nosy guy. And what kind of a last name is Pivot anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cathy Webster - LOL. Thank you for making me laugh! Can you imagine the names he might have been called at school if he was English?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!