Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Teaser Tuesday (1): Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde

I've been thinking about joining the weekly meme Teaser Tuesday ever since I first saw it on Rachel Morgan's blog and decided today was the day to start. Here is my first book teaser:


Title: Something Rotten
Author: Jasper Fforde

It was a bright and clear morning in mid-July two weeks later when I found myself on the corner of Broome Manor Lane in Swindon, on the opposite side of the road to my mother's house, with a toddler in a pushchair, two dodos, the Prince of Denmark, an apprehensive heart and hair cut too short. The Council of Genres hadn't taken the news of my resignation very well.

I love Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next books, and the fourth is proving itself to be the best yet. If you've not read Fforde before, and are intrigued by the snippet, make sure you read the books in chronological order, starting with The Eyre Affair.



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
    BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
  • Share the title and author too so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

15 comments:

  1. I love Thursday Next. Fforde's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well from that snippet it certainly sounds entertaining! And thanks for the "shout out" for my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh love the teaser! I may have to play along sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snippet! I've not read Fforde but I've heard loads of good things. Must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MorningAJ - another fan. Yay!

    Rachel Morgan - I cannot begin to say how brilliant his books are, and I wish I'd found them earlier!

    Christina Lee - please do!

    Talli Roland - they really are worth reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband loves Jasper Fforde, especially the Thursday Next series! I haven't read this one, but he loves it - great choice of teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this author, he sounds like someone my hubby would be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! :) I've never heard of the author/book before--I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant!!!! I love this - so crazily and jauntily just insane!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never read any Jasper Fforde, but I keep getting signs that I should, so I just went and bought the Eyre Affair. Yey! Looking forward to another good read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool excerpt. Never read the book before.

    Here's an excerpt from The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie:

    Tuppence was undecided for the moment whether to put him down as an actor or a lawyer, but her doubts were soon solved as he gave her his name: Sir James Peel Edgerton.
    She looked at him with renewed interest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a really cool book! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard of these! I need more hours in the day so I can begin knocking out some of my TBR pile ;P

    Thanks for visiting today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sangu - thank you!

    Myne Whitman - I think you would enjoy him to, as all the books are to do with literature and fictional characters. Something Rotten has Hamlet in it!

    The Golden Eagle - please do. I can't believe I waited so long to read them.

    Old Kitty - thank you!

    Tony Benson - you will love it.

    Clarissa Draper - I've never read Agatha Christie (I know. How bad is that?). I really must!

    Jen Daiker - :)

    Jemi Fraser - your welcome.

    The Words Crafter - we need a new 30 hour day, with four hours just for reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!