Friday, 4 March 2011

Book Blurb Friday (1): Green Star

Today is the first Book Blurb Friday, hosted by the lovely Lisa Ricard Claro. The object of this inspiring new meme is to take the cover image Lisa provides and write the back cover blurb you feel belongs to the book, in 150 words or less. Pop over to Lisa's blog to find out more and to visit the other entries.

So without further delay, let me introduce a fantastical new science fiction novel called . . .


Keiko Verde has lived her entire life on Earth, a refugee from the planet of her ancestors. But when night falls on the summer solstice, and the moon she believed would one day guide her people back home fails to appear, she must flee the only planet she has known and find the path to a distance and fabled star.

The Prophets have told her to trust no one but a Keeper of the Words and the man from Earth, but in her haste to escape a dying planet she finds herself on the only ship mad enough to embark on such a mission and without anyone of her kind. Can she trust the human pilot who promises safe passage or is he hiding a more sinister motive? And without a Keeper of the Words can she find her way to Viridis Astrum, the Green Star?


Has my book blurb done the image justice? What book do you see from the startling green eye?

19 comments:

  1. This is a really awesome idea!! I think you did a good job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm putting in a pre order now, Ellie! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so intriguing! Your next bestseller? :) Great blurb!

    (My daughter will be thrilled you called her eye photo "the startling green eye.")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, Ellie and good luck with your book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ellie

    This is a great idea and the blurb sells it so well.

    But wait! Earth is dying?! *sniff*

    BTW I love the "Ellie" avatar now appearing in a comment near you! (and on the follow lists of course)

    :Dom

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea, a job well done.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd buy it - sounds like an exciting story. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work! My husband would snap this sci-fi thriller up in a heart beat I have signed on to follow you, please follow me. http://lindaoconnell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way the paragraphs flow. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh!!!!! Methinks there is a little spark about to go interstellar between the adorably names Keiko Verde and The Human Pilot!!!! Wonderful!!!!!

    Great blurb!! I love how you emphasize the vivid green of the Eye!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ellie, I loved it! This is so much fun! I just love reading what everyone has come up with, regarding the lovely green eye!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sound like a robot - saying the same thing on each blog who is doing Lisa's book title thing - write the book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't read sci-fi but your blub made this book appealing enough I would give it a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this! Sci-fi with a hint of mystery...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Danger and mishap along the way but I hope she finds her way home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this description. I used to devour Isaac Asimov, so I really enjoyed this direction.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good one...and what a great idea for a meme! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am amazed that you got such a complex plot out of the picture of an eye. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!