Friday, 11 March 2011

Book Blurb Friday (2): Branching Out

Today is week two of Lisa Ricard Claro's awesome new meme, Book Blurb Friday. The object of this inspiring meme is to take the cover image Lisa provides (donated by her talented daughter) and write the back cover blurb you feel belongs to the book, in 150 words or less. Pop over to Lisa's blog to find out more and to visit the other entries.

Here is this week's image and my back cover blurb:


Clara Mathews has inherited her grandfather’s cottage, apple orchard, and cantankerous dog Harold. A city girl at heart, she believes a quick sale is the only sensible option. But when she travels to the beautiful New Forest and stays in the cottage for the first time in years, an overwhelming sense of peace and nostalgia places the seed of an idea in her urban heart – could she give up the manic life of London and move to the country?

But life is never that simple. Her long-term boyfriend has finally proposed. The cottage is in a state of disrepair, and her sister Prissy is insisting she be allowed to invest in it and share the profits from a quick sale. And just as Clara decides that moving to the countryside is a terrible idea, local vet Adrian du Brett enters her and Harold's lives and changes everything.

A non-speculative blurb for me this week. What book do you see when you look at the picturesque scene?

15 comments:

  1. Very nice - I'd like to see this as a real book! And I love how you put the title and your name in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I like!!! I am in love with Adrian du Brett already. I want him!!

    Boo to Prissy!!!!!!

    Great blurb!!!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Ellie!! You are one fabulous writer! I'd definitely buy this book!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I've fallen for Adrian du Brett! Plus the New Forest...I need more!! Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely setting for a really meaty romance. Mmmm, can't wait:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I thought you said you didn't write this kind of stuff? You have the makings of a first rate romance here. I'm with everyone else. *sigh* Adrian du Brett sounds dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! You saw romance too-congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh--love the twist of Adrian du Brett! This would make a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a real "curl up and read" book. Sounds good and would be one to pull off the shelf for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the others. You seem "natural" at writing romance and even though I don't usually read anything with heaving bosoms on the cover, I would like to read YOUR story.

    And I am also (again) wondering how you got your name and title on the photo. Would you share?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, we have to know more about Adrian du Brett, who came, not only into Clara's life, but also into Harold's.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those local vets! I'm hooked...

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a story I could read and not put down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. but ... but ... what about the poor long term boyfriend? *sniff*

    You set the scene excellently for what promises to be a great read. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dominic de Mattos - hehehe. I know it's cliched but the long-term boyfriend would be an insufferable bore and his family a pain in the beeehind!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!