Friday, 18 March 2011

Book Blurb Friday (3): Alien encounters in Blurred

Today is week three of Lisa Ricard Claro's awesome new meme, Book Blurb Friday. The object of this inspiring meme is to take the cover image Lisa provides and write the back cover blurb you feel belongs to the book, in 150 words or less. Pop over to Lisa's blog to find out more and to visit the other entries.

Here is this week's image and my back cover blurb:


Six crimes scenes. Six mutilated corpses with alien DNA.

Agent Chip Pasalain must work fast to seal the dimensional rifts and catch the people who choose to exploit them. But when evidence points to face from his past, he is forced to question his own identity and the Presidential order he has sworn to uphold – to seal all rifts.

For Chip Pasalain the line between dimensions is about to become blurred and what he believes to be the truth tested.

Features the most shocking science fiction twist ever written.

What book do you see?

17 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Ellie! What a brilliant take on the picture - I'd want to read that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the science fiction take on this. I want to know what the twist is! Thanks so much for commenting on my blurb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I'm wondering what that shocking twist might be :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, fantastic! It's really kind of annoying that we can't read any of the books that go along with these blurbs, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see a good beer guide to blurry bars!! LOL!!

    Oh but your blurb is FANTASTIC!! yay!!!!! Go Chip! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like mind-bending fiction at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea - plenty of intrigue. I'll read it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the story that the photo inspired in you. I can imagine layers and spins of the plot. I definitely would read your book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVED your use of the blurred lines...! Sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yeah, I'd read it in a heartbeat. Sounds like lots of twists and turns and surprises. Great blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would hook the most devoted sci fi enthusiast! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you actually put the title on the picture. I'm going to copy you next week.

    An alien. an awesome use of the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you guys really do come up with some terrific teasers. I'd read this, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Since I love Science Fiction this is one book I'd be wanting to pick up and read ASAP! Love the tease about the alien DNA! Good one!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool that you used "blurred" (from the lights in the photo)in your title and in your blurb. I would have loved to do that. It's such a neat feature in the picture, but I couldn't squeeze anything out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the blurb - what a neat spin! Love how you made it into an actual cover, may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!