Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Can you write 60 words in 60 seconds?


Do you remember when you reached 50 followers and how good that felt? Well in celebration of reaching 50 followers, Nahno McLein is hosting his first blogfest - the 60x60 Challenge. Originally the challenge involved writing 60 words in 60 seconds, but the most Nahno could reach was 47. Now I'm a fast typer, but I only managed 53 words. So, Nahno has now amended the challenge to submitting (or posting in the comments section of his blog) a 60 word piece of writing that contains art in any form. Here is my entry:

Cut to Pieces

It was a simple matter of finding your weakness; charting a path to your withered soul and holding fast. I sliced and diced with a joyless grin, then carved names upon your forehead for all to read. Murderer. Blasphemer. Husband.

I took back what was stolen. My. Life. For. Yours. You’re not laughing now. You can't hide what I’ve become.

60 words (excluding title).


As you can probably tell, I was feeling in a dark mood on Monday. I promise to lighten up by the time I'm let loose with the customers at work this afternoon.

Can you write 60 words in 60 seconds?

15 comments:

  1. Thank you Ellie.
    This is truly great.

    I hope your mood lightened up already. I think it's necessary to feel down every once in a while.
    Nahno ∗ McLein

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon I could type 60 words in 60 seconds... you wouldn't be able to understand it though, given that my fingers get confused at high speed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting and fun exercise - that I'll have to be in the mood to do. Ah, but I don't know what it's like to reach 50 followers :-(... yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your hubby still alive? (lol)

    I managed 44 - but didn't clean it up to 60. I may be a fast typist, but I'm a slow thinker . .

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  5. But what a fab story from your dark mood!!! Deliciously macabre! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty good, Ellie. And in 60 seconds yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was rough. I think I'm going to jump out the window now. Or at least maybe I should hide all of the knives in the house so my wife can't find them. Hope you're in a brighter mood now.

    Today I announced my intention for doing the 60/60. I plan on putting up a post on Friday.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm afraid my typing skills don't allow me to write sixty words in sixty seconds, Still as long as I get to the end I'm not that worried.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Dark indeed, but very compelling.

    I once wrote 123 words when all the others in the group only managed 50 so I think I could rise to theis challenge :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well - since I've been doing the 750words.com challenge every day I've managed to complete it in 12 minutes on several occasions. So yes, apparently I can. (It works out at 62 and a half words a minute). No-one says it's any good though.
    Hope you're feeling better now though. I've noticed a lot of my recent stuff has had bodies in it. Perhaps it's the time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were feeling dark and delightful! Love the piece! I'm pretty picky. I don't know if I can write that fast...well, anything worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice piece. Profound and disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's quite astounding you wrote that in so short a time! I'm off to practice ...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!