Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Tuesday Teaser (3): I Am Legend & Cataclysmic (Re)Connection

Today's book teaser is from a sci-fi classic that has spawned two films, The Omega Man and I Am Legend. Of the two films, I much preferred The Omega Man, but now I want to see how far the films deviated from the book.


Title: I Am Legend
Author: Richard Matheson


The arms caught him, the men in canvas and masks drawing him back. His shoes gouged frenziedly at the earth, digging two ragged trenches in the earth as they dragged him away.


I shall be starting I Am Legend tonight, but if the introduction is anything to go by, it will be a rivetting read.




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
  • Share the title and author too so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.


Today's WIP teaser is from Cataclysmic (Re)Connection, the first short story I have co-written with another writer. Chris Allinotte and I received notification on Sunday that it had been accepted for the The ePocalypse: e-mails at the end anthology.
Tony says that if the scientists are wrong, and it hits somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, we'll get hit by a tidal wave. He wants me to go with him to Scotland. He says it will be safer there and he can look after me. I don't know what to do, John. I know he'll be there for me but I can't help feeling he'll want something from me in return.
That is it for this week's Teaser Tuesday. Are there any books or stories you want to tease us with?

5 comments:

  1. You forgot The Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price. Excellent film. Also based on Matheson's book. Hope you enjoy Matheson's book. He's a fantastic writer and a brilliant kind man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ellie!! I Am Legend is one of my ultimate favourite books - my goodness - I'm a slow reader but I read this in one sitting - I was that riveted!!! Yay!!!!!

    CONGRATULATIONS with your first collaboration and acceptance too!! WOW!!! I love the teaser! I say don't trust anyone called Tony. Ahem. Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. I saw I Am Legend the movie. Good luck reading the book. By the excerpt, it sounds wonderfully written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your short story being accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the acceptance. It sounds tres cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!