Sunday, 17 April 2011

Awards, Thank yous, and Seven Things About Me

I need to thank a few bloggers for generously bestowing awards on me in the last couple of weeks. Please click on the links to check out their blogs - you won't be disappointed.




Awarded by talented artist and writer Deirdra at A Storybook World.







Awarded by the truly versatile and fun Tara at Tara Tyler Talks.





Awarded by talented and dedicated writer Lisa Ricard Claro at Writing in the Buff.




Awarded by my friend and talented writer Madeleine Maddocks at Scribble and Edit.




Awarded by the fabulous and talented Rachna Chhabria at Rachna's Scriptorium.






I've met so many amazing people since I started blogging last May and even more since the A to Z Challenge started. Choosing who gets what award is impossible. So if you haven't received one or more of these awards yet, consider them yours.

The Versatile Blogger Award comes with rules, though. I have to tell you seven things about myself. Gulp. Here goes:
  1. I am only 5ft tall.
  2. My childhood pet dog, Benji, saved my life. I can't remember where we were but I was running across moorland with Benji when he suddenly stopped, jumped up at me growling, forcing me to fall backwards. When I got to my feet we were only a few feet from the edge of a quarry.
  3. Prince Charles met me once. He landed his helicopter in our field when I was four.
  4. I hate jelly, orange squash, Turkish Delight, and pineapple.
  5. I can only write on yellow lined paper.
  6. I was detained at Cairo airport for several hours because I lost my boarding pass. I was terrified they were not going to let me leave. Thankfully, they did.
  7. I was named Eleanor after the record Lady Eleanor by Lindisfarne.
Hooray. I am up-to-date with my thank yous. Have a great Sunday and see you for the letter O.

24 comments:

  1. I think Eleanor is a lovely name, and I've always liked that song.

    How lucky you were to have such a sensible dog. Mine would probably dive right over the edge in the hope of finding water at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on those well deserved awards.

    Have a peaceful Sunday,
    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Congrats on awards.

    Brave dog deserves a short story "dedicated" to him! ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awards are fun.
    But they can be hard work too!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link, Ellie. You can honestly say you are a much loved and admired award winning writer. :)

    Your list is awesome. It is nice to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh noes!! I'm one inch and three quarters (2 inches on a good day!!) taller than you!!!!!!

    :-)

    Awwww CONGRATULATIONS with your fab awards!!!!!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your awards! What was Prince Chales doing in your field?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What ever gave you that idea Ellie?

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Not surprised by the awards. But the life behind them - Benji is right out of the movie!
    Happy Awards Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the awards.
    Loved the dog story!
    I'm still behind on the awards thingy. :(

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ellie .. lucky you - dogs are amazing .. all animals they seem to anticipate things happening.

    All those awards - well done and much deserved .. congratulations ..

    Enjoy your Spring Devon Sunday afternoon .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your awards!
    I write all my first drafts on yellow lined paper too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting stuff! And congrats on the richly deserved awards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the awards! And I thought I was short . . . beat you by 2 inches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, blog hoarder! Interesting stuff about you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun facts! Congrats on the awards. I'm still behind, I should be catching up but here I am reading blogs all day:) I use mostly yellow tablets, although I've also used napkins, brochures, and the back of my hand to scribble something down.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ellie,

    Thank you for the "From Me to You" Award! I just added it to today's post. It was fun reading your facts ... I'm so glad that you didn't fall off that cliff.

    Thanks so much for stopping by yesterday and leaving all your nice comments. I'm glad that you liked my first poem, lol.

    Have a great week,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Elle for all the wonderful and beautiful awards!!! All well deserved I might add.

    Weren't you lucky to have Benji. What a wonderful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. well look at you go! congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing awards you deserve all of them! Those are some interesting facts about you much more exciting than the things that have happened to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Ellie! You and I are the same height!! Yay for short people!! :)
    And how grateful we all are that Benji saved you!
    Congrats on receiving your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhh, congrats on all of your awards...it truly is fun! Too bad your parents didn't get a picture of Prince Charles and you when he landed in your field :) and now for Benji...I hope memorialized him! wow...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats and it was nice getting to know more about you! Wow, glad Benji saved you - isn't that amazing what animals are capable of?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!