Friday, 8 April 2011

Book Blurb Friday (6): Haskovo Man

Today is week six of Lisa Ricard Claro's awesome meme, Book Blurb Friday. The object of this inspiring meme is to take the cover image Lisa provides and write the back cover blurb you feel belongs to the book, in 150 words or less. Pop over to Lisa's blog to find out more and to visit the other entries.

Here is this week's image and my back cover blurb:


When Eliana Dotchev is asked to photograph the back alleys of Haskovo she takes little notice of the people she captures in the camera’s lens. But when the guidebook is published six months later she discovers a strange coincidence – all the pictures used contain a man in the foreground, with his back to the camera.

Convinced it is the same man in all the pictures, and driven by her belief that nothing in life is a coincidence, she sets out find him. But when she places an ad in a local paper asking for the man to come forward, Eliana sets in motion a series of events that will place her in great danger.

The man in the pictures should never have been captured on film and he means to correct that mistake no matter the cost.

What book do you see?

16 comments:

  1. Great post I wish you well with the book.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun, if I get time I will check it out. Great Blurb (love that word) Have a nice week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Haskovo is one of the main cities in my country. I'm quite surprised you know about the existence of this country and this city in particular. I live about 50 miles north from Haskovo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This, Ellie, is PERFECT - the one I wish I'd written, truly. So you are going to have to write the book now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!! Poor Eliana!! Booo to the bad man!!! But what intrigue!! What mystery!! What a fab blurb!! Yay!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! It almost sounds paranormal in some way since he appears in all of her photos. I'm very intrigued and want to know what's going on. Tell me, tell me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the blurb. It makes the safe looking picture look very unsafe and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellie, this is so good! And very believable. I would buy it for sure.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK ... this got me going. I would want to read this. Good job building suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great plot and a satisfyingly intriguing blurb! I can really see this being a gripping thriller, and if it has another dimension to it - double bubble!
    Great read :)

    :Dom

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this exciting mystery! It has all the ingredients for a best seller, and I'll be one of the first to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, this is fantastic! My head is full of questions now-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ellie,
    I love how you've woven some SciFi into your blurb! I'm a great science fiction fan, so please start writing this book so we can read it! Good job!

    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blurb, love it, want to read more!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the premise, but was more inclined to think that it was SHE who was being followed and not he who felt he'd been "made". Either way, it would be an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!