Friday, 29 April 2011

Book Blurb Friday (9): Life Through Tinted Glasses

Today is week eight of Lisa Ricard Claro's inspirational meme, Book Blurb Friday. The object of this meme is to take the cover image Lisa provides and write the back cover blurb you feel belongs to the book, in 150 words or less. Pop over to Lisa's blog to find out more and to visit the other entries.

Here is this week's image and my back cover blurb:



'I entered the space programme wearing rose-tinted glasses, believing astronauts to be infallible. I was wrong.' Ellie Garratt, 2019.

From the moment Garratt entered the European 2011 Space Explorer Program there was only one destination she had in mind - Mars. Read her incredible journey from RAF Fighter Pilot to astronaut in training, and her eventual acceptance on to the doomed 2018 Mars One Mission.

In this startlingly frank book she lifts the veil of silence surrounding the tragic death of her fellow astronauts and explains how she alone survived the perilous journey back to Earth. With indisputable factual evidence she counters the many conspiracy theories that surrounded her safe return and pays tribute to the five men and women who paid the ultimate price in the name of space exploration.

What book do you see when you look at the image?

13 comments:

  1. Awww poor astronaut Ellie!!! Yay for these memoirs exposing the lies and laying to rest the souls of her lost comrades!! Love it!!!!!

    I see a day at the beach! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible that Ellie alone has survived?? How? Why? Must read more . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Ellie ... at first I was actually laughing outloud ... what a cool idea! Then, I started to learn that this was involving history, mysterious death of coworkers and the rest. This is an excellent story ... can't wait until you are all done writing it.

    Have a happy weekend,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating memoir! Is this a WIP?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again you've come up with such an individual and entertaining approach - excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a wonder. Out of this world, as usual. Love it! What a great twist on the photo. My daughter will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blurb Ellie. I love the way you set yourself up :D

    This is no ordinary biography - this is one of those sensational best seller memoirs that can be found under every coffee table!

    All boxes ticked on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read more on this too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I know this isn't real, but you made it seem so! You definitely have a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Dom. This is perfect.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me at "I was wrong." But by the time I got to the part about the doomed mission, there was no turning back! Very clever and unique take.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW what a fantastic and unique idea! I love the premise and the story line. Cool, cool take on the photo!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Masterful! This is a blurb that truly deserves to become a story.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!