Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Voyagers (A to Z = V)

Today's Tuesday Teaser is from an author I am ashamed to say I've never read. I found three of his books in a charity shop last month and I'm starting the first of a trilogy today.

Title: Voyagers
Author: Ben Bova

Both craft were hurtling away from Earth, flying farther from safety each second. The alien was heading out of the solar system, back into the unthinkable gulf between the stars, and unless they broke away and took up a new trajectory, Stoner knew that he and Federenko would also leave Earth's grip forever.

I'm looking forward to this science fiction trilogy; the three books I picked up were printed 24 years ago, and have that old book smell and colour about them that I love.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
  • Share the title and author too so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

I don't have a WIP Teaser that starts with the letter V, so I'm giving you a teaser from my science fiction WIP, Dreaming of Sleep.



Myron sat down at the desk that ran the entire length of the pod’s right side and did the last thing they would expect – he logged into the Network early. The pain from the migraine would almost kill him but he didn’t care. “Conform and stay alive,” Talia had told him and he intended to.







 Are there any books or stories you'd like to tease us with?

23 comments:

  1. Most interesting read Ellie, I loved it.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben Bova sounds like an exciting read and Dreaming of Sleep also sounds exciting. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the old book smell and feel. I have a complete set of very old (and tattered) Agatha Christie books that I love to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely teasers, both sound like wonderful books! ;)

    Here's mine: http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just read a good science fiction book too that is an old one: Ender's Game. Dreaming of Sleep sounds interesting.

    We have one science fiction and two suspense ones this week:
    Here's the link to ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuedays-enders-game-and-live-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't read much science fiction, but your teasers are good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Science fiction is really something I should read more of.

    I loved the WIP teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should probably read more of Ben Bova's stuff, though I still have quite a few books by other authors which await my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ben Bova's great. You're in for a treat.

    ONE of the books I'm reading is "Make a Scene" by Jordan E. Rosenfeld.

    "Burn these words into your consciousness now and forever more: Plot and character cannot be separated."

    "When you want to use the past as a way to create suspense in your plot, then you will absolutely need to use flashback scenes to let the reader see the events of the past in limited bites."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not read Bova either. And I don't even have a synopsis written yet. Crap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a tease you are, Ellie! Great hook!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no!! I'm hanging my head in deep shame as I've not read or even heard of this author.
    :-( Oh but what a teaser!! I love these old books that smell and look like old books!! Yay for fab charity shops!!!

    Yay for your WIP teaser too!! Myron must live!!
    :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ellie,

    That is so cool to be able to pull a teaser from your own book, Ellie. Yay! I can't wait until you are all done so that I can read the whole thing.

    Have a great day,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ellie! Great hook. Great book. I'll be glad to read it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful teaser. This makes me want to check it out!! Girl, no more book buying!

    :D

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: THe Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are too many books to read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I wish. All my reading lately has been blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ben Bova sounds like an exciting read. I have not read anything for more than 15 days; my longest time away from books.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Of course I know Ben Bova's name, but I can't think of anything of his I've ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great teasers this week! Happy Reading :) New follower! My teasers:

    Butterfly Feet Walking on Life
    For the L♥ve of Reading

    -- Zakiya LadyWings

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great teasers. I love that old book smell as well. I think that's what I love most about 2nd hand book stores.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll play!

    "Despite Brittany's flirt filching antics earlier this week, I accept an invitation to go to her house over the weekend."

    "It doesnt take long for me to regret my decision to hang out with her when i find myself in her small, gaudy bedroom in the midst of a makeover intervention."
    The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great teaser I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!