Friday, 20 May 2011

Friday Five: Want a peek at where I live?

I'm back. The last five days have been exhausting, sleep-deprived, and a little fractious at times. Mr. G and I have painted and glossed, nailed down creaking floorboards, and hoovered up more dust and sand then I thought possible. But it was worth every moment, because now we have gleaming walls and new carpets.

Here are five things I learnt in the last week:
  1. I can paint, contrary to Mr. G's protests that I couldn't.
  2. We have far too many possessions.
  3. I won't be wearing my short dress to the party Saturday night as my legs are covered in bruises from all the decorating and I'm now wearing a knee support on my right leg.
  4. There is such a thing as too many chips in one week. I also find it concerning that we know all the Dock's Cafe staff by name and they don't need to ask for our order any more.
  5. Having your own writing area really does motivate and inspire you.
As promised, here is a peek of where I live:

My new writing area. As you can see I don't go for the minimalistic look. There is room to leave my laptop out on the far right of the desk; so much better then having to put it away every day.










The house our flat is in. The four front windows belong to use, and the flat stretches around the right hand side of the building.





The Exe Estuary at sunset.

The Beach. See. I do exist outside of Cyberspace.













I hope you all had a fantastic week. I've missed everybody and will be catching up with my blog reading over the weekend. If you get a chance, check out my Hollywood Haiku competition entries here and here.

35 comments:

  1. Looks lovely - both indoors and outdoors are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! It looks like you have a great writing area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of Spock for a Kirk fan, I smell mutiny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the pictures. I live in a large house converted into 5 apartments.
    Lovely to have you back.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!! LOL!! I missed you Ellie!! Glad you're baaaaaaaaaaack!! Yay!!

    My stars, you're creative space is FANTASTIC!!! Awwww!

    In the words of Saavik:

    "May your (creative) journey be free of incident"!

    Of course you can paint! You have the bruises to show for it!! Well done you and Mr G!!! You have a beautiful home in a lovely area! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! Love that house. Great writing space too. I agree, all writers definitely need a spot to call their own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the peek into your inner sanctum. And if you're ever needing to practice your painting, you can always come to my house. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ellie ... I'm glad that you got so much done. Your writing area is very nice! Hope you have a great weekend.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice house! I love to see where other people live :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, now I've had to go and clean up my writing space because I felt embarassed looking at yours. Thanks for the boot up the backside - I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great, Ellie! Possessions have a way of multiplying, don't they. I'm going to catch them one of these days and demand they multiply into sports cars or something.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely place to write. I'm sure you'll reap the rewards of all of that work over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful place. Both the office, house, and beach.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! so much in one day!
    great haikus =)
    and i like your trekkie decor, but where is the captain?
    have a nice wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea that my other half was moonlighting as an interior decorator!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to see your space in the other world. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. elmo knows where you live...
    i love your writing chair it is very captain-esque... beautiful place and the views are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful space! Thanks for the chance to snoop...er, peek inside. Possessions multiply like weeds, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh!!!

    Love these pics. Thanks for letting us peek through the window.

    ReplyDelete
  21. show off your bruises... be proud of em! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your new digs with us. We love going to the beach and looking at the tide pools. Great writing space you have. Here's to much excellent writing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your writing space is so much neater than mine! The beach looks lovely too! I laughed at your comment about possessions. I thought exactly the same thing when we moved into our house (or rather when we packed up the old one). Packing is sooo much more tedious than unpacking. IMHO

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm also aiming for my own writing space. I firmly believe it will help me be more productive. Loving yours.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like your writing place a lot. And it looks neater than mine. Here is hoping that it will inspire you to write more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautifully writing space - and flat.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab pictures. Love your new writing room. Looks fabulous! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your new area. And all the Spocks. I crushed on him when I was 13.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well done and welcome to the world post chips! Your new writing area is fab and has inspired me to get mine sorted in prep for BuNoWriMo!
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have little Spocks! :-)

    Fab pictures, and it's so great to have a writing space of one's own.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This isn't minimalist? Oh lordy - I may to tidy some more.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely. I can't wait to have my own writing space some day.

    .........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice space; I love your moon walk styling moves on the beach~ ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  34. You certainly have a nicely organized writing space. My own is cluttered with piles of books, cds, and loose papers.

    That chair you have at your desk looks a lot like one I used to have for my own writing area, though mine had thin, padded arms which sadly disintegrated, so I had to replace it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!