Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Tuesday Teaser (10): Touched By An Alien & The Letter

Today's Tuesday Teaser is from a book I've seen mentioned on countless blogs and Twitter posts, such is it's popularity.

Title: Touched By An Alien
Author: Gini Koch

"You know that's a crime I can be jailed for in this state? Being the wrong sex in the bathroom?"
"Humans have weird laws."

I was hooked by the humour on the back cover blurb as well: In hindsight, Kitty realized she probably should have panicked and run screaming the way everyone around her was doing. Instead she got mad, searched her purse for a weapon, and, armed with a Mont Blanc pen, sprinted into action to take down the alien.

I've cheated by giving you an extra teaser but I had to share that part of the blurb with you - it was what made me buy the book.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
  • Share the title and author too so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.


Today's WIP Teaser is from a story called The Letter, which has just been published by Wicked East Press in their A Cup of Joe: Coffee House Flash Fiction Anthology. As writers, I'm sure we all love each and every one of our stories, but this one, written over a year ago, is a particular favourite of mine.

If someone had told me a year go I would be given a cure for truth, I would have said they were lying - funny how much your life can change.




Are there any books or stories you'd like to tease us with?

16 comments:

  1. I am not very good with teasers, but did enjoy reading your post.

    Have a good day.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you glad this didn't have to match a letter in the alphabet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. good teasers...I like the humor in the first one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both sound super! I'm reading a vampire novel, screening it to see if it's good enough to give a friend for her birthday (she likes 'em). It's Tanya Huff's BLOOD DEBT.

    Teaser: How would they fight? Would there be bloodshed? Wouldn't vampires instinctively refuse to waste so precious a resource?

    P.S. I awarded you a Stylish Blogger award! The rules and badge are here: http://www.marianallen.com/2011/05/writers-tools-asking-questions/

    MA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to check out that first book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regardless of the teaser, I'm in love with A Cup of Joe's cover!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your flash story - wonderful!!

    And yay for mont blanc pens!!! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of those teasers sound pretty interesting. Congrats on completing the A to Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed, we have very weird laws. Great teaser!

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your teasers - I will work on a couple for next week =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teasers! I like the alien one the best looks like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teasers, loved the humour in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen that Touched By An Alien over on twitter too. Love this teaser. And The Letter teaser is awesome. I mean absolutely awesome. After NaPiBoWriWee and a week off for good behavior, I'll try to think of a couple from books I'm reading. (Trouble is, I mostly read picture books, but have a couple big people books.) *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Touched by an Alien sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those both sound like good reads! Thanks for the tips :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!