Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Friday Fun: Tagged

Prolific bloggers and talented writers Denise and Donna K. Weaver have tagged me. There are eight things I have to do for this tag. Here they are:

1. Do you think you're hot?

Well I don't want to give too much away, but the Sun is out, all the windows are open, and I'm naked. Just kidding. It's warm here in South Devon today, so I'm a bit hot.

2. Upload a picture or wallpaper you're using at the moment.


This is the image I cropped and used for Cosmic Seed's mock cover, and it's there to remind me what my new focus is.

3. When was the last time you ate chicken meat?

Last night. Mr. G and I had KFC.

4. The song you listened to recently.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Mr. G is a film score fan and Time Is Like A Dream by Georges Delerue was a big part of the inspiration behind my science-fiction novel Dreaming of Sleep.



5. What were you thinking when you were doing this?

I was lost in the lyrics and haunting vocal, and daydreaming as usual.

6. Do you have nicknames? What are they?

Elliebum or Smelly Ellie are the common names. I'd like to point out I don't have a large bum and I certainly don't smell. Elliebum was the name my stepson gave me when he was young and it's stuck ever since. Smelly Ellie just rhymes.

7. Tag eight bloggers.

Gosh. Has anyone any idea of how many people have already been tagged? A lot. I'm going to list eight and hope they haven't already been tagged:

Maria Zannini
iZombie
Martin T. Ingham
Tony Benson
Dorothy Evans
Alex J. Cavanaugh
Milo James Fowler
Simon Kewin

8. A few questions about your tagged friends . . .

Who's listed as number one?

Maria Zannini is an extradionary science fiction romance writer, who is also generous with her time and support of aspiring writers.

Say something about number five.

I met Dorothy during NaNoWriMo last year and we live in the same town. I was supposed to meet up with her on my last holiday and had to cancel. Sorry, Dorothy.

How did you get to know number three?

I met Martin during the A to Z Challenge and have just finished reading his brilliant sci-fi novel, The Guns Of Mars.

How about number four?

I also met Tony during NaNoWriMo last year and he is a fellow sci-fi writer. Both he and his wife Margo are an inspiration to us all. I'm also a little jealous that they both write fiction; it must be wonderful to have someone there all the time to support and encourage you.

Leave a message for number six.

Just what the heck does the J in Alex J. Cavanaugh stand for?

Leave a lovey-dovey message for number two.

Jeremy and I are husband and wife in an alternate reality, so I'm just reminding him how much I want a pet zombie for my birthday or I'll be contacting a divorce lawyer. Oops . . .that's not really lovey-dovey. Sorry. I don't do those kinds of messages!

Do numbers seven and eight have any similarities?

Milo and Simon run the Write 1 Sub 1 challenge, and are both prolific writers. If you need a weekly shot of motivation, join them on the 2011 W 1 S 1 challenge.

Well, there are my answers. Thank you again to Denise and Donna for tagging me. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

24 comments:

  1. Elliebum and Smellie Ellie!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! How adorable!!! My nickname for you is: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! LOL! Oh I'm kidding!! LOL!

    Yay for being tagged!!!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag answers! I've just listened to that fabulous piece of music with MrB, thank you for sharing.

    Your part of Devon is warmer and drier than ours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Elliebum, next time you call me Tibbles... only kidding :-)

    I loved the theme music. The great thing about movie themes is they're all about mood and drama. as such they are a rich source of inspiration. Good choice.

    Million thanks for tagging me, and for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah but you only told them part of the rhyme! Its smellie ellie with the big fat belly! I would like to point out that having known Ellie for the last 15 years she is neither smelly or in the possession of a big fat belly. Shes tiny!

    Her nickname in my house for years was Hamster Ellie as she used to look after my beloved hamsters when me and hubs went on Hols!

    Shes now known as Auntie Ellie - to my three dogs or Frankies girlfriend! As Frankie has a soft spot for her!

    Sorry to blab ellie bird but I thought it was harmless stuff.

    Rach - the myasthenia kid xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We almost had KFC last night...

    Speaking of hot - last two days were scorchers here, followed by a nasty thunderstorm yesterday afternoon. Still muggy but at least it's 20 degrees cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most interesting to read Ellie.
    Have a good day.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of all the fun frivoloty! Thanks for the tag. I'll have my answers published tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Lovely song.
    And Smelly Ellie could be a lovely smell :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating! And congratulations on being tagged. I just feel sorry for the eight who now have to reveal such details about themselves. Oh wait ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cracked up about your nicknames!! The song is wonderful. Great post, I enjoyed reading your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those nicknames can be really dumb. People only say them because they rhyme. Speaking of rhyming, my kids love Nellie Kelly shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you sure KFC is really chicken? =] Thanks for the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love EllieBum and Smelly Ellie (just joking). KFC is my favourite too. Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elliebum could be kinda of sexy said by the right man. I mean how many people get their bums named, right?

    Thanks for the tag, and the compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm giving you a new one, ellie bellie (and thats bellie as in belle because you have a beautiful mind like your cool cosmic pic!)
    hav a nice wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful answers and that picture is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool screen shot for your computer. And I doubt you smell.
    Thanks for the tag - I was zapped a few weeks ago, so already covered it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The song is lovely and the answers interesting. A lady at a clinic called my name today, "Belly". I'm sure everyone was wondering how my mom could give me such a stupid name!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the wallpaper you're using!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You seem to have made a more comprehensive set of answers than I did, interesting wallpaper, there has to be a message in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your wallpaper. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah. Smelly Ellie. The rhyming nickname seems to be the most popular ones. If I had a nickle for everytime someone had called me Hairy Kari. I do love your wallpaper though.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!