Friday, 17 June 2011

The Grapes Of Wrath Blogfest & Competition

I'm taking part in The Grapes Of Wrath Blogfest today, hosted by the wonderful Brenda Drake. It features prizes. Really awesome prizes. The winner will receive a professional cover art design by CA Marshall. Can you get a prize much better than that? Two other entrants will also win a surprise.

All you have to do is redesign a book cover - your own or any book you like. It can be funny or dead serious. Sign up to the linky on Brenda's blog, and post it on your blog today.

My entry was inspired by a childhood love of the What Katy Did books - only I added a murderous twist. In my version Katy went on a murderous rampage at boarding school. Think Battle Royale does St. Trinians.

Image purchased from Canstockphoto.com

Don't forget to visit the other participants.

25 comments:

  1. That is sooooo funny! I would read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a great take on the title :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cover idea...i charge 75 bucks per cover... just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great entry Ellie. Hope you win the prize it sound fabulous! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!!!! Yay!!! Good luck with your entry, Ellie!! It's wickedly subversive!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoah, talk about eye-catching cover. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love the twist! Great cover!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Katie's a bad mamajama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crazy girl. I never knew you were into horror. =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, most amusing. And where can we buy this version?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I wasn't familiar with the book, so I googled it. I'd read yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why Katy, that blood on your shirt matches your hair quite nicely...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scary, I don't want to meet her in a dark corridor :/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This made me laugh out loud, but only because I sometimes felt like this in high school. At least when the teacher loaded us up with homework. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like it a lot, Ellie. Its cool in an evil way. Katy looks like a nasty woman.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what an intriguing take on What Katy Did! And what did this Katy Do Next?

    ReplyDelete
  17. right on, ellie!

    have a similar bent in my next weekly 'twisted tuesdays' shorts... gotta wait til then to see it ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ellie,


    This IS deliciously scary. Her expression really says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So clever in the darkest of ways! Great job, Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Talk about mean girls! LOL! Loved this cover. Fantabulous job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha ha! Terrifying but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol. I can feel the gorefest that would be inside.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!