Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Tuesday Teaser (18): Divergent by Veronica Roth

Today's Tuesday Teaser comes from a book I bought at work, which is a rare occurrence. They hardly ever stock genres I like.

Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth

My problem might be that even if I did go home, I wouldn't belong there, among people who give without thinking and care without trying. The thought makes me grit my teeth.

Speculative fiction, dystopian worlds, and a back cover blurb that is near perfection - what more could entice me to read a book? I'm fast discovering I love YA fiction, and this book is no exception. Here is part of the blurb to tease you: Once choice decides your friends, defines your beliefs, and determines your loyalties . . .forever.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.

Do you have any books or stories you'd like to tease us with?

*



Here's a teaser of what will be included in each issue:

•Agent, author and publisher profiles
•New releases for the month
•Giveaways and contests
•Cool book trailers
•Must-visit websites and blogs
•Industry news
•Notice of upcoming conferences
•Book reviews
•Interviews

  
If urban fantasy is your thing, pop over and sign up - there are prizes to be won! You have until July 10th to enter.

18 comments:

  1. Now that intrigues me. I will have to put that on my Xmas list :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I like this teaser - and the book cover and blurb are fab!!!!

    All the best with the sexy newsletter - stunning! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The newsletter sounds very interesting. I love the blurb and the cover. I must start reading YA. I am hearing so many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the newsletter do sound interesting.

    Have a wonderful day Ellie.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love YA always have now there is so much to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the book cover a lot. Its captivating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing a lot about that book. You'll have to let us know how you like it once you're done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No teaser here as I'm reading through the Harry Potter series. I know I know. I'm like one of the last people to read HP. Better late then never though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser. I have to dig Divergent out of my tbr pile and read it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do enjoy your teasers, Ellie. Keeps my book "to buy" list growing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already have this book on my to-read list. I read a lot of YA - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Divergent. I read it in two days (which is impressive for me)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser... have this book in my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ellie - The YA market is booming, and for good reason. Not only do a lot of young people gobble up good books, but adults are fast finding that the label "YA" does not mean remedial. The best of these books are smart, fun, well-written, and every bit as entertaining as anything in the general market.

    If you've yet to read "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins, I highly recommend it. It will be a movie soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard so many things about this book, it's almost making me want to read it! Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've seen a lot about Divergent lately. I may have to consider it after I work through my stacks of to-be-reads.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!