Monday, 30 January 2012

A to Z Challenge, CassaFire, and the Muse Returns

Before I talk about my work-in-progress, I want to highlight a couple of important upcoming events:


From today you can sign up for the blogging event of the year - Arlee Bird's A to Z Challenge. In short, your challenge is to post every day of April (except for Sundays), with the theme for each post suggested by a letter of the alphabet. Most people start with A and end with Z, but some go in reverse order. You also try to visit as many of the participating blogs as possible, though after last years entrants topped 1000, I didn't get anywhere near visiting them all.

To find out more about the A to Z challenge, advice on how to manage your time, and to sign up click here.


February 28th sees the long awaited publication of Alex J. Cavanaugh's sequel to the stunning CassaStar - CassaFire. If you haven't read CassaStar yet, do. I read it in one sitting and that is rare for me. If you have, then I know you'll be ordering or downloading your copy come the 28th. If you want to help spread the word, then sign up for Alex's Catch Fire! day or stick the icon on your blog for all to see.


WIP Update:

Thank you to everyone who answered my question last Thursday - how do you find your writing muse, AGAIN? Although I haven't responded to and thanked everyone for their suggestions (I will be catching up this week whilst on holiday), I have already tried some of them. Over the last three days I've re-read my published and unpublished stories, watched some more creative television programmes (Project Runway never ceases to inspire), and read through the first draft of my science fiction novel Dreaming of Sleep. I can safely say the muse has returned and I can't wait to start writing again.

Thank you all. You have reminded me of why I blog - to be part of a community of inspirational and selfless writers.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder - see you on the challenge, Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear your muse has returned. It's a difficult feeling when you can't find it.

    I've just signed up for my second year of the A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The muse sometimes hides or sleeps - annoying, isn't it? I'm glad yours has reappeared.

    I've just signed up for A-Z too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellie!! Nice to see you back!! Yay for CassaFire (wooohoo - go Capn Alex!!)!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellie,

    Keep those fingers typing and hold tight on your muse... I am smiling and happy...A to Z is going to be huge!

    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    A to Z Co-Host
    IZOMBIE: Visit the Madness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're inspired and writing again! And thanks SO much for the shout-out of my book and blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for Ellie's muse coming out of hibernation =)

    keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Next Great Artist (or something like that) might be a good show to watch if Project Runway inspires you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Tim Gunn would say, "Make it work." :)

    Keep going, Ellie... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Ellie,
    Glad you got your muse back.Time sure does fly. Can't believe it's almost February already and it seemed like only a few weeks ago that I started seeing the cover of Alex's book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your muse has boomeranged back. And I agree, the blogging communitiy is amazing.

    Thanks for the reminders. I've gotten signed up for the A to Z Challenge. A little nervous, but I'm going for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy refinding your muse Ellie. Good to see you back. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. good stuff, ellie... keep plugging away :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!