Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Jeffrey Beelser's Spell of Entrapment Blog Tour

Today I'd like to welcome self-publishing author Jeffrey Beesler onto my blog, as part of his Spell of Entrapment Blog Tour. Over to you, Jeffrey:


Thanks for hosting me today, Ellie! This has been a wonderful blog tour, and it’s great to have the support I’ve gotten over the past few days in promoting my debut fantasy novel, Spell of Entrapment. When I set out writing the novel, I spent countless hours alone at my keyboard, trying to get the right words down on the screen. To the casual observer, it seemed like a lonesome activity.

I will not contest that the act of writing is one-sided. To apply words to the page, you have only yourself involved in the act, at least when it comes to the rough draft. As you go along with revisions and final drafts, you’ll certainly seek out others to help you out. An editor or a beta reader can go a long way to helping you out, even in the self-publishing journey.

But writers are not the only ones who take a seemingly lonely journey. Our characters also go through such plights. Take for example the protagonist in Spell of Entrapment, Embekah Mare. She’s spent twenty years in exile, her social life completely obliterated, just to avoid capture for a crime no greater than affiliating herself with a thieves’ guild that’s now defunct. The only companion she has at the novel’s onset is her pet toad, Halscrad. 

Yet Embekah doesn’t let her lack of friends keep her from living her life as near close to fulfilling as it can get under the circumstances. And sometimes the business of the day forces her to go to town, too. At least, until a certain spell is cast…

Bio: Jeffrey Beesler was born on May 2nd, 1978. In addition to self-publishing his debut novel, Spell of Entrapment, he has had a short fantasy story published in Abandoned Towers #4, The Broken Pipes of Drei City.  He is a graduate of the LongRidge Writers Group correspondence course, Breaking into Print. His book can be purchased here:




Blurb:
When a knight, Sir Patrew of Trava, infiltrates sorceress Embekah Mare’s home, a magical backlash renders her unconscious. She awakens to discover a spell of entrapment binding them both inside the manor’s walls. Now forced to live with him after twenty years of solitude and exile, she must navigate her way through alternating feelings of distrust and attraction.

As the weeks pass with no end in sight of the hex, a shape-shifting spirit arrives inside the magical barrier’s walls to target Embekah specifically. When she seeks out Patrew’s help against this new threat, she uncovers a secret in his past that could very well destroy her future. With the help of her trusty toad Halscrad, Embekah must see through the deceit and find something long lost to her.

But not everything is as it seems. With lies all around her, Embekah finds the truth to be more elusive than the freedom right outside her manor. Can she survive long enough to figure out what’s real and what isn’t?


Thank you Jeffrey. That was a fascinating insight into your writing journey and self-publication. Don't forget to check out the rest of his blog tour.

14 comments:

  1. I''m so glad the gorgeously named Embakah has her adorable pet toad for company!!

    Hello Ellie, hello Jeffrey!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story sounds fabulous, Jeffery! I find the confines of the house as a setting very interesting. Nice hook.

    I've seen you around the blogosphere forever, it seems. Glad to finally meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite interesting post. Helpful for blog writing service to write better. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to read an early draft of it and am now just waiting for the official book to appear in the iBookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kitty: Embekah is so fortunate to have Halscrad in her life.

    SA: It's a pleasure to meet you!

    Essay: Glad you liked!

    Alex: There are plenty of surprises for you in the finalized version!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeffrey, nice to meet you. I love the name Embekah and the book title is cool. The story sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachna: Pleasure to meet you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great read and nice interview!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ellie, I am making my initial rounds of A to Z Challengers and was pleasantly surprised to find your interview with Jeffrey Beesler.
    Great interview. I am adding Spell of Entrapment to my list of May ebook purchases. The book cover art intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd never have thought of a toad as a companion. Makes me wonder what else he is :)

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet the toad is a gribbeting conversationalist. :)

    Waving at Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!
    I gave you an award on my blog. You can retrieve it at http://yadinbromberg.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Thanks!
    -Yadin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea: the hex, a shape-shifting spirit arrives inside the magical barrier’s walls to target Embekah specifically.

    Intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!