Monday, 12 November 2012

M. Pax's The Renaissance of Hetty Locklear, Jousting, & Passing Time News

It's another Awesome Monday, where a fabulous new book is released by one of my writing friends. Today is the launch of Mary Pax's The Renaissance of Hetty Locklear.


The Renaissance of Hetty Locklear

A New Adult Urban Fantasy, The Renaissance of Hetty Locklear is the first book in a new series. And it’s now out! The main character, Hetty, is a twenty-two-year-old, stumbling about in an effort to become a full-fledged adult. She struggles with self-esteem, weight, relationships, and making the transition between college and the real world. 

Graduation from community college isn’t the magic elixir Hetty Locklear counts on for becoming an adult. Her parents, who work the Renaissance fair circuit, insist she spend part of the summer with them. Hetty doubts pretending to live in the Middle Ages will help her find her way. 

To make it worse, an entity haunts her at her dead-end job, warning her of a dangerous man she doesn’t know. The ghost leads her to a lover who has a lot of secrets. He pulls her farther into peril and into a strange, hidden world of genetic experimentation. 

New Adult Urban Fantasy with a contemporary sci-fi twist. Mature content.

Available as an ebook at Amazon / Amazon UK / Smashwords / iTunes / Kobo 

Visit www.mpaxauthor.com for more links.

Now for Jousting!


M. Pax is celebrating her latest release with a jousting tournament and contest at www.mpaxauthor.com. Cheer for the knights to help them win the grand prize, and you’ll be put in a drawing to win an ebook copy of The Renaissance of Hetty Locklear. Five will be given away. Huzzah!


Passing Time News


Thank you to everyone who generously offered to help with the cover reveal and blog tour for Passing Time. I was touched that so many people wanted to take part. Deciding on the ten blog hosts was nearly impossible, as I did not want to turn anyone down. However, I have now selected and contacted ten bloggers. 



Now for a big but (and it's a big one), I realised that in my eagerness to sort out the cover reveal and blog tour, I never asked if anyone could help launch my book on it's actual publication date, February 11th. I don't want much, do I? So, my friends, I am asking for your help once again. 

Don't worry. If you do or have offered to help, I will keep track of who is doing what and when, will send out everything with plenty of time to spare, and send a gentle reminder near to each date. Also, I will be giving all those who take part in my cover reveal, blog tour, or book launch a little something to say thank you. And if there is anything I can do in return to help promote your book or event, please let me know.

Finally, the mighty Ninja Alex J. Cavanaugh will be this weeks Speculative Fiction Writer. Please call back on Wednesday to read his guest post on critique partners.

Happy writing.

18 comments:

  1. I have you down for a guest post on February 11 - is that good enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie - sounds as though it's all coming together - and I love your cover .. delighted Alex has offered to guest host in February for your promotion ..

    I loved Mary's video for her new book -

    Have a good week - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilary. Have a great week as well.

      Delete
  3. Hoorah for your book reveal and book about to come out next year! So exciting and some scrummy things to look forward to in the New Year!!

    Big wave hello to amazingly named M Pax and her new book!! Super awesome!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just read about your secret NaNoWriMo, Old Kitty. So excited for you!

      Delete
  4. Hooray for Mary! I love Hetty's story. Hilarious and good and scary and awesome~ :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S.
    Is Passing Time your new book??? That's AWESOME! Hooray for you, too! :D ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is. It's my first short story collection and is due out on February 11th.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for helping to promote my launch. I'd be happy to help promote yours on 2/11. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I am more than happy to help promote your books. It's an honour!

      Delete
  7. Yay for Mary's book launch!

    It's always those pesky little things you forget... :)
    Whatever you need, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. I will email you nearer the time.

      Delete
  8. Your book releases the week after mine. I'd be happy to post something for you on the release date.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for Mary! Let me know what you need, and my blog is yours. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!