Friday, 9 November 2012

Michael Offutt's Oculus

I wasn't expecting to post today but when I found out Michael Offutt had revealed his cover for Oculus: Book 2 of A Crisis of Two Worlds and it had been published, I had to write a quick blog post.


Here's a short synopsis:

Autumn has arrived in New York, and Jordan Pendragon attends his first classes as a freshman at Cornell. Born with a brilliant mathematical mind, he balances life as a research assistant with that of a student athlete.

But Jordan also has a quest. He must find the Black Tower, a monolithic edifice housing a thing that defines the very structure of the universe. Jordan believes it is buried somewhere in Antarctica under miles of prehistoric ice.

October finds Jordan earning a starting position with the Cornell hockey team. But a dark cloud gathers over his rookie season. Unexplained deaths, whispers of a cannibal cult, a prophecy, and a stone known only as the Oculus, cast a shadow over his athletic ambitions. It is the start of a terrifying journey down a path of mystery, murder, and to a confrontation with an Evil more ancient than the stars.

You can purchase it here:

AMAZON KINDLE - $4.79             
AMAZON UK - £3.08
KOBO - $4.99


READ AN EXCERPT FROM 'OCULUS'

Did I mention Michael is also an artist?


You can find Michael here.

Right. Back to my NaNoWriMo word count. Have an awesome weekend everybody.

24 comments:

  1. Yes, not just a reveal - it's out now! Good stuff for Michael.
    And I just noticed both of my books on your Bookshelf:Read widget to the left. Thank you! Very cool. (I'm sure it's been there a while. Just call me Mr. Unobservant.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happened so fast, it took us all by surprise. I have another book to add to my wishlist!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Ellie. Things happen so quick at DDP. It kinda left me doing this O.o.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I do like the golden sparkly spider theme going on!!! Yay for Michael!! Have a fab weekend too Ellie! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very excited for Michael. You're kicking them out, Michael. I'm trying to keep up with you :-)

    Enjoy NaNo Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm starting to feel better that I missed his big news. Seems like he was being sneaky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh..I love the cover. Good luck to Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so quick. Yay for Michael.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I think even he was surprised.

      Delete
  8. I love the cover for Oculus! Keep going on NaNo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a stunning cover. I would love his cover artist!

      Delete
  9. Too many good books to read and not enough lifetimes. Sounds interesting, particularly the bit in the blurb, 'an evil older than the stars'. I am intrigued to see how that works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we had added reading hours in every day!

      Delete
  10. Hi Ellie .. this is great isn't it - I love the cover and the blurb .. but yet Michael's art work is pretty special too - such a talented chap!!

    Good luck to him and to all bloggers who have books being promoted over the Christmas season ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!