Thursday, 1 November 2012

The Fire of Merlin Cover Reveal & Win A Custom Book Cover

Today I am honoured to be taking part in Donna Hosie's cover reveal for The Fire of Merlin, the second in her The Return to Camelot Trilogy. Here is the stunning cover and blurb:


Seventeen-year-old Natasha Roth and her older brother, Arthur, are reunited once more with the Knights of the Round Table. Unfortunately their joy is not shared by Arthur’s girlfriend, “Slurpy” Samantha, whose hatred of Natasha has not been lessened by time or distance since the Roth family relocated to London.

But Natasha’s happiness is short-lived.

The knights come with ill news from Logres: a magical darkness has fallen over the land. The Lady of the Lake, Nimue, is battling against her former lover, Merlin, whom she imprisoned before the enchanted sleep. He has been freed and Natasha soon discovers that her own actions the previous year unlocked more than just a gateway between the past and the present. When “Slurpy” disappears, a frantic Arthur decides they must leave the 21st century once more and return to Camelot.

With her beloved Sir Bedivere at her side, Natasha follows the sound of the bells and leads Arthur and the knights back into Logres. But there are more than bells ringing in her head. Natasha starts to suffer from terrifying visions in which she sees the destruction of Logres.

As the darkness continues to infect the living, the people start turning on each other, accusing outsiders of witchcraft. Terrified that Natasha will be hurt, Sir Bedivere takes her, the dwarf Byron and Byron’s sister, Guinevere, into the safety of his father’s castle. Yet nowhere in Logres is free from fear and suspicion, and Sir Bedivere unwittingly leads Natasha into a terrifying chain of events in which time itself is manipulated.

Natasha must uncover the truth about the danger to Logres and those she loves. Who is the real threat to Arthur? Can myth and legend become fact? What is the secret that “Slurpy” is now hiding?

And for the love of all things holy, when will Logres invent saddles?

Here's where you can get the first in the trilogy, Searching for Arthur: 
Amazon.co.uk 

Update: 

Laura will be giving away copies of NEW PRIDE to several lucky fans! Just follow the link below and fill out the form on her fan page to enter.

If you have time, please pop over to Donna's blog and congratulate her on another stunning cover.



The designer of my cover for Passing Time is holding a competition. You can win a professional custom made book cover. All you have to do is like her Facebook page. What could be easier than that?


*
Finally, today is officially the start of NaNoWriMo. I shall be taking part, and aiming to write 50,000 words of my young adult dystopian novel. I won't be using my blog to comment on my progress, as I have pre-written all my November posts to free up time for my daily word count. However, you can follow my progress either by becoming my NaNoWriMo buddy or by following me on Twitter and Facebook.

28 comments:

  1. It is a stunning cover you're right! Best of luck with your NaNo challenge, I'm not taking part but have a busy editing/planning month ahead so will be glued to my laptop as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the editing and planning is going well, Suzanne.

      Delete
  2. Thank you SO much, Ellie. Good luck with NaNo. I will be using it as inspiration for finishing the third Camelot book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool looking cover and a great offer as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet my fiance would love these books. I'll have to let him know. Hopefully they are offered on the Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that book cover and to all NaNoers, Go! NaNo! Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe we're five days in already!

      Delete
  6. Wow, this cover is everywhere today. Congrats, Donna! It looks great!

    Very best luck with NaNo. Look forward to hearing about the story!

    And thanks for the competition, I'd love to win a book cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover is awesome, indeed. So is the giveaway.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best luck with your Nano! My students start today, and they're amped. Donna's cover looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe I'm five days in already. Hope you're students are doing well, Milo.

      Delete
  9. Great cover and offer. I love all things Arthur.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cover, and I wouldn't mind winning one. Congrats to Donna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to reveal the cover Ida has done for me!

      Delete
  11. The cover is stunning. Good luck with NaNo.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover is stunning. The blurb has me hooked big time. Good luck with NaNo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ellie - good luck with NaNo .. go for it! The Arthur cover looks just great - and I like the links between Arthurian legend and today .. looks like Amy's good at her designs.

    You have been organised for NaNo .. enjoy .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe I'm five days into NaNo already. Yikes!

      Delete
  14. An eye catching cover. I am not too sure about all these reworks of well established literature like the Arthurian legends, Ok so they are legends and so are not set in stone, but having read Le Morte Darthur and The Once and Future King, the story is kind of fixed in my mind and any reworking makes me wonder why they use the someone else’s background and not just start again with their own world. They do not lack the imagination obviously, but then maybe I am just a grumpy old man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often wondered that myself but when it is done well, as with Donna, it can bring a whole new level of enjoyment to the old legends.

      Delete

I love comments. They make my day!