Sunday, 23 December 2012

Looking Back On 2012

This will be my last 2012 post, so I would like to wish all my blogging and writing friends a happy holiday season. May you share it with the people who matter the most and create fond memories you can cherish for years to come. Thank you for sharing 2012 with me. Here, in no particular order, are my top ten 2012 memories:

1. Spending a glorious March weekend at Lulworth Cove with Mr. M.

 Lulworth Cove

 A steep descent

 
We climbed all the way to the top

And down the other side (and back up again)
 
Lulworth Cove at sunset

I hope the pictures give you some idea of why the Southwest Coast is a World Heritage Site and named in Lonely Planet's Top Ten adventures.

2. Overhearing a boy on a school trip to Durdle Door say, 'But I've already seen it on Google.' How the world is changing, my friends.

Durdle Door

3. Turning 40 and having the best 80s party ever with my family and friends.

Me and my nephew, Charlie

4. Getting up close and personal with the Doctor and Amy Pond.


Oh, alright. They were lookalikes.

5. My own Beaker.


6. Deciding to release two eBooks short story collections in 2013. You'll have to call back on January 7th for the first cover reveal.

7. Finding a cover artist for both eBooks. Thank you, Ida.


8. Launching my new weekly guest post for Speculative Fiction Writers.



9. Completing NaNoWriMo for the second time.

10. Becoming the holder of one the blogging communities biggest secrets - what does Alex J. Cavanaugh look like? I know. Chuckle.

So, there you are. In truth, there were more than ten I could talk about. But that would make for a very long blog post.

Here's to 2013, my friends!

31 comments:

  1. What a year! Here's to 2013. Have a fun festive time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great year!! Have a great Christmas, Ellie :)

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great year. Here's to 2013, Ellie.

    (And I used to love visiting Lulworth Cove when I was little and living in Hampshire.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great year, Ellie! And look at you. I promise, you don't look forty. At all. (Any more than I look almost fifty, right?)
    Next year will be even better for you.
    Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thanks, Alex. And no, you DO NOT look nearly fifty!

      Delete
  5. Awwww beautiful Ellie!!! I hope you have a most wonderful Christmas and fab New Year!!!! What a great 2012 for you and what a most exciting 2013 to come!!

    Ooooh I would have been blinded if I knew how the Cap'n looked like..! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, Ellie! Wonderful pictures and so glad 2012 turned out good for you.
    Shame on you, teasing us with your knowledge of Alex's non-invisible image. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should auction Alex's image on eBay but he'd send Byron in his Cosbolt after me!

      Delete
  7. Fabulous pictures! You had a lot going on. And sneaky knowing what Alex looks like! LOL have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic year, Ellie. I hope 2013 brings you many more such moments. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Simon. Wishing you a healthy and prosperous New Year.

      Delete
  9. Have a very happy Christmas and a wonderful 2013! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas Ellie. Great year in review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ellie .. love the photos - and you know what Alex looks like? - that's unfair .. what happened to the rest of us?! But he's always had a special place in his heart for you ... so like the rest of us - we're all so happy life is easier for you now .. and books ahoy!

    Cheers for 2013 - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilary. Alex is a star! Have an awesome New Year!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Hehe. There were loads. I lost count!

      Delete
  13. I love that part of the coast- lots of childhood memories. Really looking forward to your shorts coming out. Happy new year when it arrives
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a stunning part of the world, when its not raining! Have a fabulous New Year!

      Delete
  14. Merry Christmas, Ellie. Hope you had a great one. Looks like you had an awesome year...I hope 2013 is even better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamara. Have an awesome 2013!

      Delete
  15. sounds like you had a great year! Hope you had a great Christmas and have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful year! Love the pics. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!