Monday, 14 January 2013

My Passing Time Star Cover Revealers (Part One)


A week ago 18 shining stars of the blogging world helped me reveal the cover of my first eBook short story collection. I was humbled and honoured by their willingness to help me promote Passing Time.

This post is a tribute to them all. Well, half of them. Eighteen is to big a number to cover in one blog post (part two will be next Monday). So, sit back and take a short trip around the blogging universe with me.



In no particular order:

I only met Alexandra Lanc over at Words of the Worlds a few months ago, but already I am in awe of her dedication, work-ethic, and willingness to offer support to her fellow writers. Not only does she write fiction and non-fiction, but she's also an artist, creating all of her stunning covers.

Everyone knows the mighty Ninja Alex J. Cavanaugh. When he's not writing and releasing his stunning CassaStar novels, he dedicates himself to helping and promoting his fellow authors. Without him, the blogging world would be a lonely and desolate place.

The stars really are the beginning with Mary Pax, over at Wistful Nebula. Mary is the indie science fiction and fantasy author of The Backworlds and Hetty Locklear series. She's also has one of the coolest summer jobs I know - a star guide at the Pine Mountain Observatory.

On Michael Offutt's blog, he says, 'I'm a guy, and I write stories.' Whilst his statement his true, speculative fiction author Michael is so much more. You only need to visit his blog to get an idea of how passionate he is about writing. He is also an artist, regularly drawing characters and scenes from his A Crisis of Two Worlds series.

Nicole Zoltack is a writer who doesn't want to be boxed in by genre. She writes fantasy, paranormal, horror, romance, historical, and contemporary fiction. A quick visit to her blog or website is like a tonic of inspiration for any writer.

YA author and middle school English teacher, Medeia Sharif, is a first-class example of how it's not who you know or how well you are connected to land an agent and publishing contract. It's about writing well, doing your market research, and persisting despite the rejections. Her debut novel Bestest. Ramadan. Ever. was published in 2011.

Julie Flanders at Where Else Is Possible? has my idea of a fulfilling life - she's a librarian by day and writer by night. She's also incredibly supportive towards her fellow writers, tirelessly promoting the work of others. Her debut novel Polar Night will be published in 2013.

What can I say about New Adult writer E.J. Wesley over at The Open Vein? I'm love with his books and their stunning covers. His writing gives me something to aspire to. His artwork makes me wish I could draw. If you haven't read or seen his Moonsongs novelettes, please visit his blog. You won't be disappointed.

Finally, Donna Hosie over at Musing of a Penniless Writer has long been a source of inspiration for me. Anyone who describes themselves as both a writer and full-time geek gets a thumbs up from me. I also love the way she has taken the Arthurian legends and given them a twist, in Searching For Arthur and The Fire Of Merlin.

All that is left for me to say is a massive thank you to all those listed above. To everyone else, warp on over to their blogs and give them a Trekkie salute from me. Don't forget to call back Wednesday, when this week's Speculative Fiction Writer, Shevi Arnold, will be discussing the use of comedy in science fiction.

24 comments:

  1. Thank you, Ellie! And we were happy to help you.
    And also happy you came back to us. We missed you for that stretch of months when this blog sat silent.
    Hope the exposure meant sales rocked last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Thank you, Alex. I missed you all as well.

      Delete
  2. You managed to round up a great line-up here, Ellie. It's wonderful to see bloggers willing to help each other out line this. Hope your book gets the attention it deserves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Botanist. I've been overwhelmed and humbled by just how supportive the writing community is.

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Ellie. It was a pleasure to help reveal such a stunning cover. I wish you all the luck I the world with the book, but somehow I don't think you'll need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tribute to your hosts. I love your cover.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww wow!! Yay! CONGRATULATIONS on you successful cover reveal lovely Ellie!! It looks amazing!!! Well done you!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, what a nice little thank you to all those folks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, this is so nice of you, Ellie! I was happy to be part of your reveal, it was fun and I can't wait to read your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ellie .. I'm so pleased for you - and that's great to give them a pat on the back and a big shout out thankyou for their support ...

    I love the cover of your book ... and Ida's design ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like staring at your cover art. It is quite pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are a couple of people here I don't know. Cool!
    Your cover is fabulous, Ellie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like your FB (great header image too!) as per Indie Authors. Good Luck with the books. > www.percychatteybooks.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!