Monday, 21 January 2013

Polar Night Cover Reveal & Star Cover Revealers (Part Two)

Today I'm thrilled to be taking part in the cover reveal for Julie Flander's Polar Night. Stunning, isn't it?




Book Blurb 

When Detective Danny Fitzpatrick leaves his hometown of Chicago and moves to Fairbanks, Alaska he wants nothing more than to escape the violence and heartbreak that left his life in pieces. Numbed by alcohol and the frozen temperatures of an Alaskan winter, Danny is content with a dead-end job investigating Fairbanks' cold cases. That all changes when a pretty blond woman goes missing on the winter solstice, and Danny stumbles upon some surprising connections between her disappearance and that of another Fairbanks woman three years earlier. Forced out of his lethargy, Danny sets out to both find the missing woman and solve his own cold case.

The investigation points Danny towards Aleksei Nechayev, the handsome and charming proprietor of an old asylum turned haunted tourist attraction in the Arctic town of Coldfoot. As he tries to find a link between Nechayev and his case, Danny's instinct tells him that Nechayev is much more than what he seems.

Danny has no idea that Nechayev is hiding a secret that is much more horrifying than anything he could ever have imagined. As his obsession with finding the missing women grows, Danny finds his own life in danger. And when the truth is finally revealed, the world as he knows it will never be the same.


Author Bio

Julie Flanders is a librarian and a freelance writer who has written for both online and print publications. She is an avid animal lover and shares her home in Cincinnati, Ohio with her dog and cat. Polar Night, a suspense thriller with a supernatural twist, is her first novel. It will be published by Ink Smith Publishing on February 7, 2013. Find Julie online at her blog, on Twitter, and on Facebook

Congratulations, Julie. I adore the eeriness of this cover.




Last week I thanked half of the awesome bloggers who helped me reveal the cover for my first eBook short story collection, Passing Time. Today I'd like to highlight the other half - each one a shining star of the blogging world.







In no particular order:

I've known Pete (or as he's better known, Snafu) over at Incultus since the beginning of my blogging adventures, and I think he may be my geek double - we have so many similar interests. He also takes stunning photographs. 

Everyone knows Stephen Tremp, author of the Chase Manhatten trilogy. If you don't, why not? If you want to be both entertained and educated, visit his science based blog. It really is fascinating, and so are his books.

David Powers King hangs out at The Cosmic Laire of Science Fiction and Fantasy, and writes MG and YA science fiction and fantasy. He loves Zombies, which is a winner for me. He also has an unbelievable weekly blog schedule. I'm hoping he'll share his secret with me at some point.

Fantasy and paranormal romance author, Laura Eno, is one of those writers I aspire to be more like. Her books are stunning, and I love her passion and positivity for both writing and blogging. 

Summer Ross over at My Inner Fairy is another blogger I seem to have known forever. She's not only a writer but also an editor for WiDo Publishing. She also loves fairies, which you can probably tell from her blog name. 

Botanist over at Views from the Bald Patch is probably one of the most supportive bloggers I know, and I only hope I can be even half as supportive back. I can't wait for the day when I can read some of his science fiction. 

What can I say about Simon Kewin over at Spellmaking? If I could clone some of his dedication and passion for writing, I would be a much happier and more productive writer. If you've not read any of his stories, there are plenty to choose from and well worth reading. His first novel,  Hedge Witch will be released later this year.

Misha Gericke at My First Book has finished her first fantasy novel Doorways and is blogging about her journey to find an agent, which I'm sure will happen sooner rather than later. She really is an inspiration to me and I'm always eager to read the next instalment in her journey. 

And finally, there is Ida Jansson, the amazing person behind my stunning cover. Ida, what would I have done without you? Please take the time to visit Amygdala Design and look at her stunning book covers. She also does banners, other promotional material, and book trailers.
 
All there is left for me to do is to thank each and every one of them. You all rock. 

Don't forget to call back Wednesday, when this week's Speculative Fiction Writer, L Blankenship, will be interviewing one of her characters.

23 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations to Julie!!! Sounds like a most thrilling and ever so creepy thriller!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Julie!
    And those are some awesome people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Julie!
    PS: your cover is AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the cover is amazing! Looks like it will be a really awesome read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for participating in my cover reveal Ellie!! And thank you all for your comments, I'm so thrilled you like the cover and think the book sounds good, thanks so much!

    Kudos to all your revealers, Ellie, it's such a joy to be part of this community!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ellie .. so pleased to see Julie's Polar Night's cover - doesn't it look spooky and interesting ... I'm looking forward to reading it ... sounds fascinating ...

    Then your Passing Time and those helpful bloggers - everyone is great ...

    Hope you're safe down west .. not brilliant here, but we usually don't get the brunt of it ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's nearly a week later and the weather is still bad. When will it end? Hope you're okay.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for mentioning me again Ellie! I`m so happy to be working with you. And I hope you liked you banners and blog button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds really interesting and looks good, but am I going to live long enough to read all these amazing sounding books that I keep adding to my must-have reading list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often ask myself the same question!

      Delete
  9. You're so sweet, Ellie!
    Julie's had quite a day today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Julie! Great cover and Ellie- your cover designer does beautiful work- i checked out her site. it's neat.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!