Monday, 18 March 2013

Blog Tour Day Six & Top Ten Movie Countdown Blogfest

It's week two of my Passing Time Blog Tour, and today you can find one of my characters being interviewed over at the always lovely Medeia Sharif's blog. If you have time, please pop over and say hello.



Don't forget to enter my competition for a chance to win a $25 Amazon voucher or a character named after you in my upcoming science fiction short story collection, Taking Time.

Now for Alex J. Cavanaugh's Top Ten Movie Countdown Blogfest.


I don't take part in many blogfests because of the time involved. However, I always make an exception for Alex. Now for confession time.

I'm in the middle of a two-week book blog tour and I have a stinking cold. For both of those reasons I never got around to writing today's blogfest entry. So I'm re-posting my Top Ten Movie Quotes list from February 2011. I hope you'll forgive me, Alex.


10. “Not for me! Not for me!” Riddick Pitch Black (2000).

You’ll need to watch the film to understand the dialogues significance, as I don’t want to give away the ending.





9. “I was wondering when El Capitan was gonna get a chance to use his popgun.” The Thing (1982).

A true classic of the horror/science fiction genre.



8. “Redrum. Redrum. Redrum.” Danny Torrance The Shining (1980).

Who wasn’t freaked out by this line of dialogue?




7. “You sold a reverberating carbonizer with mutate capacity to an unlicensed cephalopoid, Jeebs, you piece of shit.” Agent K Men in Black (1997).

He sold what?





6. “He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up!” Khan Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan (1982)

Wrath of Khan ranks in my top five films of all times and Ricardo Montalban was superb as Kirk’s nemesis.

5. “Khaaannnn!” Admiral James T. Kirk Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan (1982)

Do I need to say any more?






4. “I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die.” Roy Batty
Bladerunner (1982)

This piece of dialogue speaks for itself (excuse the pun).

3. “We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly.” Newt
Aliens (1986)

One line of dialogue I'll never forget.


2. “Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!” Colonel George Taylor Planet of Apes (1968)

I never bore of this film and the ending is probably the greatest in film history.


1. “What does God need with a starship?” Captain James T. Kirk
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)

Well. Did you expect me to end with anything other than Captain Kirk? A classic and hilarious line of dialogue.


So that is my list. Other than The Final Frontier, all the other films would be in my ten top movies. Are any of them in yours?

I will be back tomorrow with a teaser from the sixth story in Passing Time, The Vegas Screamer. The Passing Time Blog Tour will be visiting Jadie Jones, where I'll be revealing ten things you may not know about me. Don't miss it!

19 comments:

  1. So glad Khaaaaaaaaaaaan is featured in your top ten!! Yay! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choices. Planet of the Apes is a real classic, and I have an affinity for Charlton Heston's films in general. He was excellent in any role.

    I hope you got my email last week about the alternate history anthology. I sent it with a different email account, so I want to make sure it didn't get blocked by a spam filter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgive the reposting! Mostly.
    Nothing beats that Blade Runner quote.
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest! You rock, Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do i love thee... let me count the ways...

    Jeremy [Retro-Z]
    Howlin' Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old school, eh? The quotes are a nice touch. Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the images! Scrolled through the pics first to see if I could ID the movies. Failed at Aliens. Apparently, I need to fix that. Thrilled to see The Shining get a nod, and I've always loved Planet of the Apes.

    Hope you're feeling better, Ellie!

    ~VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
  7. We share a few faces I see. Great list! :D

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually enjoyed Chronicles of Riddick :)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shoot! I forgot to mention Passing time today. I'll do that with my next Monday post. Bought a copy. Looking forward to reading it. Loving your sci-fi themed movie list. You'd think I would have done that today, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huh, I actually don't think I've seen any of these! (don't kill me) :)

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome picks! I love Star Trek and Khan was one of the finest.
    Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite line from Aliens is still, "Get away from her, you bitch." Kick ass, Ripley.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with LD on Aliens=) I got chills the first time I watched it!
    Also, STAR TREK!! Great list=)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep your #1 made my top ten too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen all these, but there are some of my faves in the list for sure :) LOVE Blade Runner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your new banner! so any movie with vin diesel i score a ten on. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the way you organized your movies, with the quotes--that's great! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!