Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Passing Time Blog Tour Day Three, Another Review, & Teaser


If you are looking for my National Wormhole Day entry, please call back on Thursday.


It's day three of my Passing Time Blog Tour, and I'm visiting two blogs today. I am talking about the only vampire story I've written in Finding Luna Black at Jay Noel's blog and how I went about Collecting A Collection for Passing Time at Mark Knight's blog. Please pop over and say hello to two of the coolest bloggers I know.


Another Review

Yesterday something amazing happened. I received my first Amazon review, and it was far better than I could ever have hoped for. I'm still pinching myself. Click here to read it. If you're interested to know who did such an amazing job with my formatting, visit Novel Ninjutsu (Ali Cross). She has only just started offering formatting as a service but she knows what she's doing, and she won't stop until you're one hundred per cent happy.


Teaser

Yesterday I gave you a teaser from Expiration Date, a story about the lengths a father will go to keep his deceased son alive. Today I'm sharing an excerpt from Luna Black, the fourth story in Passing Time. 

“What are you scared of, Melissa?” Luna asked, as if reading my thoughts. Her smile was unnerving.
           “That you’ll drink my blood and leave me for dead.”
           She laughed. Not the hard laugh of someone mocking another, but sweet and soft, like my mother’s.
           “And what do you want from a vampire?”
           I told her my plan, and how I had asked for Dead’s help, minus the details of the insurance policy pay out. I doubted vampires had any real need for money, but the office did not look like a cheap rental.
          She stood a few feet away from me, watching. She listened to every word and did not deviate her stare for a second. When I finished, she walked a little closer and took one of my hands and placed it in hers. The coolness of her touch was soothing, and I felt my heartbeat begin to relax. I was right–vampires were hypnotic.
           “My sweet Melissa. I cannot do it.”
           “Oh…,” came my pathetic reply.
           “But I can help you.”
           “Me?”
           “Have you not thought yourself of crossing over?”
           Her other hand reached up and skimmed my cheek again before gliding down the side of my neck. I wanted to scream but I was mesmerised. Our eyes were locked together in an eternal stare.
          “No…I mean I’ve heard it’s painful. And I don’t like blood. Faint and all that. God. I suppose it is poor taste to talk about blood in front of a vampire?”
         Taste? Could I have said anything worse?


To read Passing Time's blurb click here.

Available to buy from:






Don't forget to enter Passing Time's competition.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Here are a couple of tweet suggestions:

Passing Time: Nine Short Tales of the Strange and Macabre #PassingTime Available on Kindle #Kindle http://elliegarratt.blogspot.co.uk/

Like strange and macabre fiction? Try Passing Time   http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17304153-passing-time


Tomorrow I will be visiting with the awesome Michael Offutt, where I'll be talking about why my first short story collection is dark fiction rather than science fiction, and taking part in National Wormhole Day. Have a great day.

9 comments:

  1. Jay's isn't up yet, but i did visit Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be making my rounds-- love seeing your book out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, creepy good excerpt. And I'll be by again tomorrow for the Wormhole entry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the excerpt! And congrats on the awesome review, yay! Looking forward to seeing what you have to say at Michael's blog tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, off to download this now! :D CONGRATS!!!!

    Laura Diamond
    http://lbdiamond.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGE congrats on getting that first great review, Ell! I mentioned on my blog the other day that, really, once you get that first awesome review, you'll never stop writing to publish. It's an unbelievable high to know you've written something that connects with someone on the level you imagined/hoped it would.

    Here's to many, many more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I listen to music and read to pass time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Ellie. Nice to see the accolades rolling in. BTW
    Join us for Star Wars March Madness!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!