Monday, 6 May 2013

An Apology & Character Naming Competition

I had planned to bring you a post today entitled 'How to Write and Take Part in a Successful Guest Post'. Unfortunately, I got rather sidetracked in the last week and never got around to writing it. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused.

Talking of apologies, I owe a huge and perhaps rather ironic one to Maria Zannini. A few months ago she agreed to be the first host for my Taking Time blog tour, starting May 6th. As Passing Time was published a couple of months later than I planned, Taking Time has been pushed back as a result. Unfortunately, I forgot to tell Maria. I'm really sorry, Maria. I hope I can make it up to you at some point in the future.

Golden rule of doing a guest post: always keep in contact with the host and update them as soon as any changes are needed.

Now for a competition. I was going to do a caption contest - it's been a while since I did one - but I thought I'd do something different for a change.

The first person to name the specific character this costume belongs to gets a character named after them in my upcoming science fiction serial. It's that easy...or hard, depending on how much you love the film.




Happy guessing!

Don't forget to call back this Wednesday, when this week's Speculative Fiction Writer is science fiction author Gary Starta, and I'll be sharing this month's Indie Life post.

33 comments:

  1. Hicks!
    Think it's too skinny for Hudson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give it a second thought, Ellie. I'll catch you next time.

    Re: uniform
    Since Alex said Hicks, I'll say Hudson. Though my first thought was Hicks--only cuz I liked him better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clueless about the space suit.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "Aliens" but I saw it a long time ago and other than generic "marines" I couldn't tell you who the spacesuit belongs to. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How time flies, and plans get side tracked.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not Hicks or Hudson. Evil chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a few movies I could name every character, but that is not one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vasquez?? Burke never wore that did he? Crap! It's been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not Hicks or Hudson? Yeah, Vasquez would've been my next guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frost?

    I admit. I had to look up the 'red shirt' guys names.

    :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm running out of Marines!

    Crowe?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alas, no. There are quite a few who have not been named yet...

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK. I'm thinking outside the box now, but I could still be way off.

    I checked your wording. You said, "costume belongs to" not wears.

    Was this Drake's costume and he went sleeveless in the movie?

    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's me... i was in the film.
    i thought it might be michael biehn as hicks...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you're thinking too hard, Heather. But it's not Drake.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Erg. Arg.

    It's Jeremy! Wait, no!

    Okay...Wierzbowski?

    What happened to all the other guessers?

    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are determined, Heather. But alas, wrong again.

    Yes. Where are the other guessers? I can't believe no-one has got it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Determined was a nice way to put it. :)

    Spunkmeyer?

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's Apone or Dietrich, I swear :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did it, Graeme! Congratulations. Apone's uniform from Aliens was on show at a local museum as part of a sci fi at the movies exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good job, Graeme.

    I thought Apone wore something else.

    Thanks for the fun, Ellie!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. That was a fun competition. :) Love that movie. So what do I win, how does this work?

    ReplyDelete
  23. So, it's not me? Darn. lol

    Happy Monday, Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Ellie,

    Just when you thought life couldn't get any better, you, my human friend, get a comment from me, yes me, Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar!

    Golden rule for some human or fellow animal, interviewing me and I've been interviewed several times, don't have a question, followed by another question, to the first question, followed by a recap to the recap's recap....

    Sorry, where was I? Where am I? Oh yeah. Never mind "Aliens" I know that's the "Tin Man" is an updated version of the "Space Wizard of Oz"...

    And because I'm such a lovable dog, I shall share your posting, yep, even on 'Farcebook'.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Ellie .. Jens?

    Wonderful weekend and I expect you got distracted further ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have no idea, but it's fun to visit your blog nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!