Friday, 6 September 2013

Jeremy Hawkins It's Time Book Tour

Today the super-cool Jeremy Hawkins is visiting for his It's Time Book Tour, and he's talking about his own unique way of meeting William Shatner. Over to you, Jeremy.




We all know who William Shatner is right from Star Trek to the host of 911, yeah you are right he has been in many of things too. I wanted to focus on him as a body of work and that when he makes presences at a convention; well he makes his presence known. Over the years I have seen him from a distance sitting in the audience and that one lucky year I got him right in front of me. Now the question is how to grab his attention, how to get him to look your way… let him know you are here. Well I came up with this stupid idea at his poorly guarded signing booth and me able to stand about 10 feet away from him, close enough for us to hear him talk. Now I won’t tell you which convention this was, because I did sort of get kicked out because I figured if I can hear him. He could hear me and guess what he did and this is where the train wreck begins.

Now in low voices my friend and I started to chant “Danny Crane” [Boston Legal] and added a few others to do the same as we got louder and louder. You know where this is going so I will just tell you, we got the nose up and the evil stare from Shatner once or twice he continued to sign away. At some point the crowd was becoming unruly; he knows we were the ones who started the mild rousing. William Shatner stopped signing and finally made his voice heard… “Damn you it’s Denny Crane, if you are going to chant something… chant it right”. A round of applause comes from us as we knew we could break him. He was very cool about it I think, but we walked up and gave a fist bump to the captain and he smiled. I think I heard jack-ass from a quiet voice, so in my world I was called a jack-ass from the great William Shatner.

Thank you all for stopping over and to the lovely Ellie for letting me host my crazy stories, if you would like to continue to the next tour date, I can let you know my encounter with a tall man named Angus….


The Books

It's a four book series 40 pages each and it is the art/design from things I had designed over the years. It's a mish-mash of things that I had seen in my head... and some are future designs that will become shirts. Places I wanted to go artistically as you travel from where I was to where I am now. Is it great journey!  Titles came from the idea of time "12:34, 35, 36 and 37” seems that is when my best ideas came to me... day or night. It's funny I never considered myself a "writer" just a man who likes to paint a canvas if it be words or my art/design.

Giveaways: Some great prizes being given away please stop over at my main page “BEING RETRO” and look just below the header for the “It’s Time” Tour Giveaway link and enter today.

Thank You, for letting me play host and to all who took the “time” to read this… you are all the best.

Jeremy Hawkins
Being Retro


Thank you, Jeremy. Angus? I'll be stopping by tomorrow. I've actually met William Shatner myself. Nothing as exciting as your encounter, though. Congratulations on the books!

That's it for this week. I'll be back on Monday. Have a great weekend.

20 comments:

  1. Well, most men would sing to attract the attention of a girl, not the attention of William Shatner :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's okay for guys to swoon, in my defense William Shatner has been in outer-space and back.

      Delete
  2. Do you now chalk that up to your days of being young and stupid? Hey, it worked, right? And was this before you were doing so many celebrity interviews?
    As long as you didn't have an encounter with a cow named Angus...
    And impressive you met Shatner as well, Ellie. The biggest name actor I've ever met in person is Peter O'Toole. (And that was while out roaming the streets of London.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I think this was only 5 years ago and I never stopped doing interviews now I am much more calm. I just hear the voices in my head to do stuff, I respond... oh I have to share the story of my meeting with Gene Simmons... that was the best.

      Hey, that would have been awesome to meet Mr. O'Toole... now is an icon.

      Delete
    2. Sorry O'Toole is an icon just like Shatner.

      Delete
  3. The good ole' "piss 'em off until they notice me" trick worked? Amazing. You're one, um, tricky character aren't you, my friend? Great story.

    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling weird about sharing this, it was meant in fun and I said before the voices are talking... I listen.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure he said jack-ass with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny in his voice, followed by a chuckle...

      Delete
  5. That was too funny! too bad you couldn't stick around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned with out the proper credentials for press, you learn to leave the scene as quick as you can...

      Delete
  6. such a delightful anecdote.... now, where's my tea?

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be on your side, a lot of nice people down through the years were thought a "jackass" by Shatner! You're in good company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was honored after i really thought to myself, wow that was weird.

      Delete
  8. Made me laugh just imagining the two of you singing to get someone's attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. more chanting... than a singing... it made about 25 people smile at the time.

      Delete
  9. That's great Jeremy. As pompous as Shatner is he has a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's funny when you think, hey this could work... oh i have a few more stories like this. wait he is not pompous, he is entertaining.

      Delete

I love comments. They make my day!