Monday, 16 September 2013

Taking The World By Storm & Indiestructable

I'm starting the week with a long awaited release - CassaStorm by the mighty Alex J. Cavanaugh - and Indiestructable: Inspiring Stories from the Publishing Jungle. Did you know Indiestructable features Alex? How brilliant is that?

Firstly, the book I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of through my letterbox (I love this series so much, I have to hold the books in my hands).


CassaStorm
By Alex J Cavanaugh


From the Amazon Best Selling Series!

On sale from September 17th

A storm gathers across the galaxy…

Commanding the Cassan base on Tgren, Byron thought he’d put the days of battle behind him. As a galaxy-wide war encroaches upon the desert planet, Byron’s ideal life is threatened and he’s caught between the Tgrens and the Cassans.

After enemy ships attack the desert planet, Byron discovers another battle within his own family. The declaration of war between all ten races triggers nightmares in his son, threatening to destroy the boy’s mind.

Meanwhile the ancient alien ship is transmitting a code that might signal the end of all life in the galaxy. And the mysterious probe that almost destroyed Tgren twenty years ago could return. As his world begins to crumble, Byron suspects a connection. The storm is about to break, and Byron is caught in the middle…

“CassaStorM is a touching and mesmerizing space opera full of action and emotion with strong characters and a cosmic mystery.” – Edi’s Book Lighhouse 
“Cavanaugh creates such an unforgettable world, and these characters will stay with you long after their story is over.” 
- Cassie Mae, author of Friday Night Alibi and How to Date a Nerd

“…the racial conflicts propelled much of the plot in this story, driving home a message that's relevant to our own world and giving the book an interesting texture.” 
- C. Lee. McKenzie, author of Alligators Overhead

$16.95 USA, 6x9 Trade paperback, 268 pages, Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C. Science fiction/adventure and science fiction/space opera

Print ISBN 9781939844002 eBook ISBN 9781939844019
$4.99 EBook available in all formats

Find CassaStorm:



Alex J. Cavanaugh has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and works in web design and graphics. He is experienced in technical editing and worked with an adult literacy program for several years. A fan of all things science fiction, his interests range from books and movies to music and games. Online he is the Ninja Captain and founder of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group. The author of the Amazon bestsellers, CassaStar and CassaFire, he lives in the Carolinas with his wife.


Your chance to win a prize!

Comment on Alex’s blog this week for a chance to win a Cassa mug, mousepad, magnet, and swag!

Lastly, I got to ask Alex a question. Do Alex clones really exist and, if so, where can I get my own Ellie clones?

Come visit me here in the States and I’ll let you run through the clone machine a few times!

Sadly, no clones though. However, if you can secure a job like mine where you can work, watch movies, and blog at the same time, it will appear as if you have clones.

Where can I find such a job? I need it now!


Now on to Indiestructable.


ONLY 99c TO HELP SUPPORT THE INDIE AUTHOR & AN AMAZING CHARITY!
by Jessica Bell

The day I realized I’d been obsessing over my sales figures way too much was the day I closed my eyes and tried to think about the real reason I am an indie author.

Is my primary goal to make money? No. So why do I keep obsessing over my sales stats? I realized it’s because more sales means more people reading my work. What I really really want is to be read. I want to share the one thing in this world I would cut my fingers off for. I know. If I didn’t have any fingers, I wouldn’t be able to physically write, but you know what I mean.

My passion for writing comes with a perpetual replacement button, attached to my side seam, just in case it becomes unraveled, and falls off, after a day gallivanting through the publishing jungle. It can be tough in there, but in the end, being an indie author is OH SO WORTH IT.

This made me wonder …  what’s everybody else’s story?
Then Indiestructible was born.

Need motivation and inspiration to self-publish, or sign that contract with an interested small press? Have you done all the research you can, but still feel ambivalent about the idea? Indiestructible: Inspiring Stories from the Publishing Jungle brings you the experiences of 29 indie authors—their passions, their insights, their successes—to help you make the leap into indie publishing.

This is not a how-to guide. This is the best of the indie tradition of experienced authors paying forward what they’ve learned, giving you information to help you on your journey. The personal essays in this book will leave you itching to get your work into the hands of readers and experience, first-hand, all the rewards indie publishing has to offer.

Not only is this anthology packed full of interesting, unique, and genuinely helpful information, and totally worth the 99c (only 99c!!!), 100% of proceeds will be donated to BUILDON.org, a movement which breaks the cycle of poverty, illiteracy, and low expectations through service and education.

Pretty amazing, huh?
What are you waiting for?
Buy Indiestructible—support the indie author and an amazing charity—TODAY!


eBook: $0.99 USD
Publisher: Vine Leaves Press
ISBN 10: 0987593102
ISBN 13: 9780987593108
Language: English
Edited & Compiled: by Jessica Bell

Contributing authors:

About Jessica Bell:
The Australian-native contemporary fiction author, poet, and singer/songwriter/guitarist, Jessica Bell, also makes a living as an editor and writer for global ELT publishers (English Language Teaching), such as Pearson Education, HarperCollins, Macmillan Education, Education First and Cengage Learning.


Connect with Jessica online:


If you haven't read Indiestructable yet, I urge you to get a copy. This is one eBook every writer should own.

That's it for today. On Wednesday Red Rock author, Kate Kelly, will keeping the excitement going by asking the question, 'But what about when science fiction becomes science fact?' Until then, have a great week.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, Ellie! Would you like a job where I work now?
    Excited to be a part of the anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's keeping the clone secrets to himself. World domination, you watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the release, Alex! :-) And thanks for posting about Indiestructible, Ellie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use a clone; but I'd never know if it was me or the clone that was the fabulous author.

    Hmm, Indestructible is my kind of reading.

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Jessica and ever so smooth Cap'n Ninja in one post!!! Mondays are suddenly brighter and sunnier! Yay! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to everyone. I could sure use a couple clones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indiestructible sounds like a must-read!
    Alex is rocking BloggyVille!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Cassa series comes to an end! The blog world is giving it one of hell-of-a sendoff, as it deserves. Much success to the Ninja Rocker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need clones to catch up on my reading list. I am way behind and every week several new and interesting books are showcased on this blog page.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!