Thursday, 5 September 2013

The World Ends How?! Blogfest


I love end of the world/post-apocalyptic books and movies. I also love really cheesy horror movies. So when you call a blogfest The World Ends How?!, there's no way I'm passing it up. Plus, it's being hosted by the awesome Hart Johnson and she has an exciting new series coming out today. More about that later.



So, how am I supposed to end the world?

Write 50-250 words about how YOU think the world will end (all in fun): is it nuclear war? Aliens? Zombies? Asteroid? [Is it clear yet I think way too much about this?] Giant Spaghetti Monster? Attack of the Interrobang!? Or are you on board with my flu scenario?

I thought, I can do that. Giant sharks in mega-asteroids. Lasers guns full of piranhas. Then I thought, I wonder what crazy ideas my Facebook friends would come up with? So, I asked them. Here's what they said:


Chris Moss A Verne-Shot, and whats more its REAL!!

Ellen Brickley Everyone in the US and Western Europe orders a coffee at the exact same time and the earth floods.

Jeremy Hawkins we finally reach the last number in all the series of numbers.

Crystal Hicken Collier Swallowed. By Cheese.

Dave Durrant The Chinese all jump up and down at the same time & Ok how about a space cruise liner that's going to crash into London.

Lexa Cain A parasite burrows into all food and causes world wide flatulence and someone flicks a Bic.

Jessica Bell Everyone's minds revert back to 3 years old. Imagine it.

Colin Thomas And the monkey flicks the switch .......... & King Dog Whelk and his mollusc army rise up on a huge spring tide and devour all human life except Boris Johnson whom the king takes as his wife.

Carol Coffelt Very heavy asteroid (very heavy) hits the earth turning it inside out like a sock. Did I say, Very Heavy?


They're all mad, I tell you. Mad. My favourite is Colin's monkey, King Dog Whelk, and Boris Johnson. Just don't tell him that - I'll never hear the end of it.

Now back to Hart Johnson and her exciting new release. 



Deadliest virus in a century, or a social experiment gone awry?

Every year they warned about the flu and more often than not, it amounted to nothing. Sidney Knight, a young freelance reporter had certainly never written on it. But a trip to Lincoln City, Oregon cut short by a beach full of dead seagulls and a panicked warning from her brother the scientist catch her attention. This batch is different. Deadlier. And the vaccine doesn't seem to be helping. It almost looks like it's making it worse...

A Flock of Ill Omens: Part I is the first episode of A Shot in the Light, an Apocalypse Conspiracy Tale about what happens when people play God for fun and profit. There will be approximately ten episodes, each the equivalent of about 100 pages.

Good Reads has a sneak peak posted. You can find the purchase link and more information about the book here. And if you want it FOR FREE, I will be offering it free on the release dates of at least the next two in the serial: September 19 and October 10.



Hart Johnson writes books from here bathtub and can be found at Confessions of a Watery Tart, though be warned. She is likely to lead you into shenanigans.









Thank you, Hart. That was fun. Congratulations on your release. This is one series I will definitely be reading.

If you're on Facebook and would like to be a friend, please click here or on the badge on the left side of my blog. 

So, how would your world end?

18 comments:

  1. Loved all the input you got! I think Chrystal wins. Swallowed by cheese *snort* Thank you so much for participating!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? What better ending could there be? ;)

      Delete
  2. Loved the responses, Carol and I were on the same wavelength!

    Watched too much of the science channel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swallowed by cheese!
    I'd say it ends thirty minutes after everyone orders a coffee and all the toilets in the world are flushed at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea to survey a sample of the public for the answer to that intriguing question - just how the heck will the world end?

    Congratulations Hart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty funny answers.
    Congrats, Hart, on another book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Dave's the best. Michael Bay would shoot it in 3D. great post and huzzah Hart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Hart! I like the "flooded by coffee" scenario. Unfortunately, I think it's not going to be so cute... well, I actually think we'll escape to another planet before the final axe omes down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, Hart! And now I'm going to run over to Goodreads... Me and my cheese. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool idea, Ellie. Your pals came up with some funny scenarios. Congrats to Hart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the answers you got Ellie. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Hart! I hope both book and series are very successful. And yay for all the world-enders! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool idea to ask on FB. I love their ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wait i was part of the end of the world... well then there should be a party, i will bring the chips. great post, best of luck on the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got the chips, I've got the cheese. We're in business!

      Delete
  14. Haha, very cool. Hart, and HUGE congrats on your release! Will be sharing it today ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heh, most amusing. Slightly sad that only BoJo survives the mollusc army's onslaught. But then he's always seemed a bit fishy to me...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!