Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Crystal Collier's Moonless Tour

I'm delighted to welcome back the talented and always lovely, Crystal Collier. She's busy touring the internet with the release of her debut novel, Moonless, and I had the pleasure of interviewing one of her characters.




Q: Hi Kiren. It's great having you here today. I hope I won't get you into too much trouble with The Author. You're described as the man straight out of Alexia's nightmares. What makes you so scary?

Did she say that? My author? *pulls a hand through his hair* It’s literal. Alexia possesses a gift to view future events through her dreams, which means I am part of them. And where I am, you will find the Soulless.

Q: I know you have blue eyes, but can you describe yourself a bit more?

… I would rather not? But as my author is insisting (with that ominous threat of “or else”)…

Most women stare. I cannot decide if it’s for lack of control, or while attempting to discern where my scar came from. *tracing the jagged white line across his cheek* I spend much of my time on the road and my ginger-brown hair is usually overgrown.

Q: What is it like living on the edge of society?

How apt a description, but while we do not obey the rules of proper society, many of us still dwell among you. Hidden in plain sight. Not myself, but then, I rarely stay in one place.

Q: I hear Alexia is quite the spinster. Is that true?

Though she fancies herself a likely candidate for spinsterhood, she is mistaken. Her father has no plans for her remaining celibate—as his only heir—and I dread what that means for her future.

Q: Is it true you can predict tragedies?

Although experience has lent to a great deal of foresight, I cannot actually see the future. Fortunately I am able to benefit from Alexia’s observations.

Q: Being in rainy South Devon, we get quite a few moonless nights. Should I be worried about ravenous, black-robed wraiths?

Only during the New Moon—and if you are feeling especially discouraged or angry. They are drawn to negative emotions.

Q: Will we be seeing any more of you in the future or is The Author keeping that a tight-lipped secret?

She does prefer to exploit and chronicle my difficulties, so I’d say the chances of seeing me in the future are excellent. 


Jane Eyre meets Supernatural

Alexia must choose safety and an arranged marriage, or true love and being hunted by the Soulless every moonless night.

In the English society of 1768 where women are bred to marry, unattractive Alexia, just sixteen, believes she will end up alone. But on the county doorstep of a neighbor’s estate, she meets a man straight out of her nightmares, one whose blue eyes threaten to consume her whole world—especially later when she discovers him standing over her murdered host in the middle of the night.

Among the many things to change for her that evening are: her physical appearance—from ghastly to breathtaking, an epidemic of night terrors predicting the future, and the blue-eyed man’s unexpected infusion into her life. Not only do his appearances precede tragedies, but they’re echoed by the arrival of ravenous, black-robed wraiths on moonless nights.

Unable to decide whether he is one of these monsters or protecting her from them, she uncovers what her father has been concealing: truths about her own identity, about the blue-eyed man, and about love. After an attack close to home, Alexia realizes she cannot keep one foot in her old life and one in this new world. To protect her family she must either be sold into a loveless marriage, or escape with the man of her dreams and risk becoming one of the Soulless.


Author Bio

Crystal, author of MOONLESS, is a former composer/writer for Black Diamond Productions. She can be found practicing her brother-induced ninja skills while teaching children or madly typing about fantastic and impossible creatures. She has lived from coast to coast and now calls Florida home with her creative husband, three littles, and “friend” (a.k.a. the zombie locked in her closet). Secretly, she dreams of world domination and a bottomless supply of cheese. 

You can find Crystal on her blog and Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.

Congratulations, Crystal. I shall remember to stay calm during the New Moon!

Don't forget to enter Crystal's fabulous prize draw.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
I'll be back on Friday, when Mark and Kim Todd will be making another visit. Until then, happy reading and writing.

14 comments:

  1. In other words, avoid full moons when feeling cranky.
    Congratulations, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which means, you better have a time stopper, eh? ;)

      Delete
  2. Congrats Crystal and Kiren sounds terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. He can be pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love Kiren even though he seems scary as can be. This book seems better all the time. Congrats, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks, Julie. He is pretty awesome.

      Delete
  5. It's always so fun to see Kiren interviewed! I love how to-the-point he is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well this is his last interview of the tour, so eat it up, eh? ;)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Crystal. Nice Interview, Ellie and Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kiren. He needs to loosen up!
    I cannot wait for this weekend so I can read this book, yay!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if he loosened up, he wouldn't be "Kiren." ;)

      Delete
  8. I love interviews with characters, and I really like the cover design. Congratulations Crystal!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!