Friday, 8 November 2013

Oh, How I Miss You

Today I'm taking part in Alex J. Cavanaugh and Mathew MacNish's Oh, How I Miss You Blogfest. It's our chance to share with each other the blogger buddies we miss and the blogger buddies we would miss if they no longer blogged.


Easy, right? No. It took me a long time to come up with a list, mainly because there are hundreds of bloggers I'd miss if they stopped. How to choose just three of them? Not an easy task. It also made me aware of just how many of my blogging buddies have vanished with no clue as to why. I feel quite emotional just thinking about them. Now on with my chosen three.

The bloggers I miss:

  1. Angela Felsted. Beautiful poems, stunning prose, and always there offering wise words and encouragement. I miss you, Angela.
  2. Colene Murphy. An aspiring YA writer I felt sure would soon be gracing bookshelves. She also loves cats, giving a home to several rescued ones, which makes her awesome in my book. Come back soon, Colene.
  3. Jennifer Daiker. To be fair, Jennifer hasn't completely disappeared. She's just adopted a baby girl. Congratulations, Jen. That being said, she no longer blogs anywhere near as much as she used to and I miss her witty and informative posts. I hope she returns to more regular blogging in the near future.

The bloggers I would miss:

  1. Old Kitty. I love reading all about the adventures of her two cats, Charlie and Gumtree, and I also love how supportive she is. Yay is the word!
  2. Alex J. Cavanaugh. Not only is Alex a talented writer and musician, he's also a huge part of the blogging community. He's always there offering support and encouragement, and he cares enough to notice when bloggers go missing. When I disappeared a while back due to personal reason, he sent me an email asking if all was okay. I shall never forget that act of kindness.
  3. Mary Pax. Mary is my inspiration. She's well on the way to living the writing dream, and she also has one of the coolest summer jobs ever - a star guide at the Pine Mountain Observatory. Don't ever disappear, Mary.
So, those were my choices. I could have listed dozens more. What about you? Who do you miss? Who would you miss?

22 comments:

  1. I sorely miss Angela Felsted too. I hope she comes back soon ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ellie! I'm glad you are still with us.
    I miss those people as well. Haven't heard anything from Angela or Colene in a long time.
    Thanks for participating in the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational and informative, definitely things to miss from our favorite bloggers. Nice post for the fest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing sadder than a much-loved blog that just ... stops. I'd have real trouble coming up with a list, too, but your choices are great. The world would be a poorer place without Old Kitty's "Yays"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, your top three...I know them all, and you're correct. Total miss-age. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I remember Angela's blog and I also loved it. Now I miss her too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so incredibly hard to narrow my list to three each, too. I know everyone you listed and the deep missingness is starting to take its toll. Thanks for sharing, Ellie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I'd miss your blog Ellie, if you ever stopped - so don't :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss Jen and Colene too, Ellie! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel happy to see that we are one big family. I would miss all of you Ellie, you all are a part of my writing life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great choices. I hope Jen comes back soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angela hasn't blogged in a long time. I know Alex would be on everyone's list.

    I would miss Elizabeth S. Craig the most. She's such a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices for who you'd miss. I'd have to agree with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know some of these guys. Didn't know Angela had stopped blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember Jennifer telling all the stories about her trials through adoption. I miss her too. I'd miss all three you listed Ellie. Add yourself to the list though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would also miss Alex and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd miss a lot if folks if they stopped blogging. Alex would be the top of any list I came up with for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know Old Kitty. I will check out that one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Alex and Mary would leave great big holes in the blogoverse if they disappeared. I don't blog nearly as often as I used to, and barely get around to blogs right now (life happens) but I'd miss at least 2 dozen - no way I could limit it to 3! BTW, I see a bunch of familiars herein the comments that I need to pay a visit to this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was more difficult to choose this year than last year, and, as I worked down my list, I found a disturbing number of vanished blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mary Pax is AWESOME!
    She's such a go-getter and a great inspiration too.
    The Ninja Captain would definitely leave a gaping hole, if he were to disappear.
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!