Monday, 17 February 2014

Bet you think this blog post is about you, don't ya?

Actually, it is. Did I fool you? No. Damn. I'll try harder next time.

I subscribe to a monthly writing magazine that runs a 'where I write' feature. It's one of my favouite parts of the magazine, because I'm a nosy kind of gal. I love comparing desks, books, writing tools, and all manner of writing totems. It occurred to me, I'd love to see where some of you write. So, with that in mind, I'm starting my own monthly where I write feature. All I need are some willing volunteers.

I will feature one writer on the last Friday of every month (Starting March 28th). All I need are one or more pictures of where you write and a few words about your writing space and what makes it special. It doesn't even have to be a room or a desk, just somewhere you write.

To kick things off, I thought I'd share mine with you.


My desk, were I do most of my writing. As you can see, I have a thing for elephants.


The lamp was a totally frivolous purchase when I moved into my flat, but I love it. My trusted NaNoWriMo travel mug keeps my coffee hot - when the words are flowing, I have a habit of forgetting I have a hot drink.


Apart from my elephants, Neil Armstrong also keeps me company. He reminds me of my first true love - space.


Finally, a small peek at some of my book collection. I counted my books the other day. Currently, I have 511. If I'd kept every book I'd read, or included the ones on my Kindle, that figure would be many more times higher.

So, would you like to share your writing space with the blogosphere? Are you interested in seeing where some of your writing friends create new worlds? Leave a comment below or email me via my contacts page (Please note: I will give priority to my existing writing and blogging friends).

I'll be back on Wednesday with an interview with bestselling hybrid author, Donna Hosie. Until then, happy reading and writing.

21 comments:

  1. That's a fun feature! You do like elephants, don't you?
    I'd be interested in a feature in April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be honoured to feature your writing space, Alex. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Somehow I expected a life-size Captain Kirk doll. ;-)

    March 28th is my birthday. Should I risk it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I do have a Spock, though not life-size. I also have Spock, Kirk, and Khan bobbleheads.

      I'd love to feature you as my March Write I Write author. Please say, yes!

      Delete
  3. I love the screensave - I know that image from my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very tidy and a familiar looking PC background wallpaper. I would never dare show anyone what I call a desk. They would think they are at the local rubbish dump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I'm a bit anally retentive when it comes to my desk, though during the editing phase it turns into a pit.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ellie .. lovely to see where you work - and how lovely you get to look outdoors too. I love elephants - so I'm happy seeing those .. and now I'm inspired to get my desk into shape .. it's the last of the major clearings to get done ..

    I'll look forward to seeing Maria's and Alex' ... looks like they put their hands up first ..

    Have a good week -Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilary. I'd love to see your writing desk one day!

      Delete
  6. Love your elephant collection!! And such a gorgeous writing space too - the lamp is inspired!! Yay! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a Star Trek coaster there, too? Cool desk. I must share mine some time - although I aim for the uncluttered look so it's quite dull to look at...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Simon. I'd love to see your desk one day. I'm sure it's not dull.

      Delete
  8. What a fab writing area. I love elephants, too . . . something about how they keep at it. Umm, perhaps after we move to North Carolina, my desk will improve. Right now, it's a total disaster! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That lamp looks like it's floating in mid-air. Spooky.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice writing space! I revealed mine at Nutschell's The Writing Nut a while back. I don't have any elephants though. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your space and your elephants. It is so neat and ordered compared to my writing area.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, Ellie! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!