Monday, 9 June 2014

Tough Choices & Other News

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce I'm ceasing my Wednesday Speculative Fiction Writer posts - at least for the foreseeable future. While I love interviewing speculative fiction writers and sharing their amazing stories with you, blogging is eating up too much of my writing time. With work and other personal commitments, something has to give in order to make the time to write. Unfortunately, that something is my guest posts. I'm still happy to take part in the occasional cover reveal or blog tour. So, please don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like my help.


Other News

My good friend and fellow Untethered Realms member, River Fairchild, has released another tantalizing morsel of creepiness - Darkest Days, Blackest Nights: Tales of lust. Greed. Vengeance. Death. Don't you love that title?



Midnight lasts a bit longer tonight, its shadow cold and bruised. The bell tower strikes a thirteenth time, extending an invitation to the Danse Macabre—the dance of death. Don’t tarry. The others are waiting, anxious to share their tales before the music ends. 

Stories of lust, greed, vengeance, and death. Journeys of power. Woes of the fallen. Retaliation. Atonement. Loss. 

Even now, Death works on his special tribute. 

Will you be one of the honored guests? Think carefully. It may be the last decision you’ll ever make.


Available at: Amazon, AmazonUK, Smashwords, Apple Store.

You can find River here.


Last week I told you about Heroes of Phenomena. Well, it's now live!


Available at Amazon, AmazonUK, Kobo, andSmashwords

That's it for today. Have you downloaded River's latest book? What about Heroes of Phenomena? What activities have you had to cease in order to make the time to write?

24 comments:

  1. Guest posts take time to format and promote. No worries.
    Cool River has another book - will download tonight.
    Awesome you're promoting Heroes of PHENOMENA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do take time, Alex. I do hope to restart them in the future. You never know!

      Delete
  2. Time is precious and it's important to spend it on what's most important to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Botanist. Now if I could just give up the day job.

      Delete
  3. I completely understand. Blogging does take a lot of time. Writing is the most important thing a writer needs to be doing, and I can't wait to read more from you. :) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I hope to publish more fiction soon.

      Delete
  4. Congrats to River -- the book sounds fantastic, right up my dark and creepy alley!! I gave up on blogging so much too. You just can't blog and promo and write new books -- something's got to go. Good luck with your writing projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lexa. River's book is my kind of read as well.

      Delete
  5. Ellie, sometimes in life we have to make tough choices to be able to pursue what makes us happy. Anyone who is a writer will understand that. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they do, Rachel. It's tough not having an infinite amount of time and energy.

      Delete
  6. I'm late, I'm late for a most important deadline.. Currently fighting Microsoft in order to get my laptop to do what I want, not what some faceless software engineer beleives I want. If my computer were an employee, I would have scked it months ago. Doing a presentation tomorrow and one of the mbedded movies refuses to work on my laptop. Remind me; what does compatible mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Oh, myyy", as George Takei would say. Sounds like you've got a lot on your hands at the moment. I hope the problem is sorted soon.

      Delete
  7. You have to make the decisions that are right for you. Your guest posts have been great but the writing has to come first...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Simon. It's good to know so many of my blogging and writing friends understand.

      Delete
  8. When it gets in the way of writing, time to cut.

    Congrats to River and the authors of Heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand the need to put aside some things so you can concentrate on writing. We all have to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, we do. If only I could give up the day job!

      Delete
  10. What a surprise! Thank you, Ellie. :)
    It's tough to make choices like that but you can only spread yourself so thin before you go POOF! into the night. Writing needs to happen first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's why I went down to one post a week. It was tough to decide to do it, but I'm glad I did. Soon you will be too, especially as your writing gets farther.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you're right, Mary. Writers can't do it all. Something has to give in order to write, and writing is what it's all about.

      Delete
  12. I support you 100% in that decision! Writing comes first, and I, for one, look forward to reading much more from you!! Best of luck on all your writing endeavors!

    Thank you so much for your support & help with promoting Heroes:) I'm on a strict deadline for the Biltmore YA novel, so all the fun collaborative promotions are on the back burner till Fall:)

    WriterlySam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam. The best of luck with Biltmore - I can't wait to read it!

      Delete

I love comments. They make my day!