Monday, 27 October 2014

Horror Selfies & A Crypt Full of Creepy News

It's Halloween this Friday, so I had to do an appropriately themed post. It's not all strictly horror, but everything has a paranormal or murderous theme.

The Horror Writers Association (HWA) has recently launched the Horror Selfies campaign, and they want yours. Their hope is to encourage people to read horror/dark fantasy, to watch horror films and TV series, or even to write horror. You can find featured horror selfies here

Want to see mine?


If you do your own, don't forget to include the #HorrorSelfies hashtag when posting on social media. Now on to creepy news.

The second season of Susan Kaye Quinn's life-draining future-noir, The Debt Collector has just started. If want to know what your life is worth on the open market, the start of season two, episode ten, is now available. If you've not read season one (the first nine episodes), I highly recommend reading it first. It's worth every penny (or cent).



The third book in Gwen Gardner's paranormal Afterlife Series, Secret Keepers has been published, which means you can now get all three spooky reads.



Do you like your science fiction with murderous entities, the Old West, and a good measure of steampunk? Book two in M. Pax's Rifters Series, The Initiate is now available. I've already read book one, The Rifters, and can't wait to get my teeth into book two.



Book two in the stunning The Mage Revealed series was published on October 24th. C.D. Coffelt’s world of magic started in Wilder Mage with the words “The earthquake wasn’t his fault. Not this time.” It continues in Mage Revealed, the second book of the three-part series.



Don't forget my own creepy short story collection, Passing Time: Nine Short Tales of the Strange and Macabre!

That's it for today. Have a creepy week, whatever you're doing.

10 comments:

  1. That is one creepy selfie!
    Have most of those new releases already. Gwen, Mary, and Carol rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie - good to see you creeping out from behind your selfie - to share creepy news from the crypt with us .. amazing freebies .. and I must run on by and whisk them into my Kindle .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm *very* interested in Horror Selfies. One of my pics for an ID came out so bad, my mom actually dropped the photo when I showed it to her.
    Will check out Milo's spot. Again, very interested.
    Susan...oh, man, her books are outstanding. I want to be her when I grow up.
    Congrats to Gwen and M.Pax!!
    A huge thanks for the shout out for my book. Seriously appreciate this post. (and trying not to babble too much aka FB post, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your selfie. I'd pose with my Halloween pumpkin, but he's not very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Horror Selfie. How fun. I didn't even know about the Horror Writers Assoc. Want to look in to joining now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is blazing with activity today! Love your selfie. Gee, I just had a photo taken of me in my witch hat with purple makeup, which would've been perfect but I wasn't holding a sign...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehe! Love your horror selfie! And what great reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your horror selfie--you look really scared, LOL! Thanks for featuring my book and all the news, Ellie <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!