Monday, 5 January 2015

New Covers, New Books

My first post of a new year is usually spent reflecting on the previous year and what I want to achieve during the new one. For varying reasons, including fatigue (working in retail over the holidays will do that to you), I haven't got around to it. So, today's post is news-related and next Monday will be my traditional new year post.

The covers for M. Pax's Backworlds series, created by Untethered Realms favourite Erin Dameron-Hill, have had a revamp. I love these covers and the series. Find out more about the books here.





Angela Brown has stunning new covers for the first two books in her Shadow Jumpers trilogy, created by the talented Heather McCorkle. Aren't they gorgeous?



Catherine Stine has won a Best Horror Book award over at The Kindle Hub for her YA twist on Dorian Gray, Dorianna. Congratulations, Catherine.



Book 2 in Sharon Bayliss's The December People series, Watch Me Burn, is now available for purchase. Re-join the Vandergraff family as they navigate the delicate balance between dark magic and family.


Buy on AMAZON

David Vandergraff lost his home, his job, and contact with his oldest son, but remains determined to be a good husband and father despite being a dark winter wizard.

His resolve is tested when a flyer for a missing girl--who happens to be a summer witch--begins to haunt him. David believes a spell needs to use him to save her, so he follows the magic's command and looks into her disappearance. His teenage daughter Emmy resents him for caring so much about a random stranger. But when she uncovers some disturbing evidence close to home, she begins an investigation of her own.

David and Emmy quickly learn that the mystery is not only about a missing girl they barely know, but a deeply personal story that impacts everyone they care about. As their world crumbles, they fear the warning may be true—never mess with summer wizards, because the good guys always win.

A little taste...



Finally, in 2015 I'll be taking part in the Goodreads Reading Challenge again. I successfully completed my 52-reads target in 2014. I'm being brave and aiming for 75 books this year. Am I mad? Maybe. But I love reading, so it won't be hard.

Do you have any news to share? Have you spent time reflecting on 2014 and deciding on your reading and writing plans for 2015? Are you taking part in the Goodreads challenge?

11 comments:

  1. Some stunning covers there!
    I think I would fail that challenge miserably. Such a slow reader...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much wonderful news. I love my new covers but all of these covers shared today are spectacular.

    Good luck with the reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellie - good to see the covers and how they interconnect within the brand. Gosh have you been in retail .. yes it's tough at this time of year .. let alone the cold, damp, and darkness ... Well done though on the GoodReads Challenge .. and into next year ... enjoy your books and good luck with your writing .. Happy New Year - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely, lovely covers; they sure make me want to read. 75 books sounds like a good number. I wish I had the time to reach it, I really do...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put your feet up and have a cocoa with a lot of whipped cream. :) Thanks for sharing. I love Angela's new covers. Will have to check out Sharon's new book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Mary and Angela's new covers are so spectacular and professional and make so much sense seen in a grouping. Congrats to Sharon, and of course, I am thrilled to have that win for Dorianna. Ellie, thanks for posting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bunch of lovely covers. I'm sure they'll pull in a lot of attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow all those covers are fantastic. I love the revamp of Mary's book too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome covers! Congrats to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all excellent covers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great covers. Too much to read already, but I am trying.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!