Monday, 11 April 2016

Gifts for Readers: Book Subscription Boxes

Have you heard of book subscription boxes? I hadn't until a couple of weeks ago. I'm not talking about book clubs that send you one or two books a month. Book boxes generally contain a book released that month and extra items related to the book. Examples of items included are bookmarks, bookplates, signed letters, posters, book bags, badges, and items of clothing.

Over the last week I've searched the internet for book box subscription services. Here's a list of the ones I liked. 


Ship to USA & Canada only


February's book box © Upper Case



Ship worldwide

February's book box © OwlCrate



Quarterly book box © Book Riot



© Book(ish)


You'll notice there is a distinct lack of UK-based book box providers. I'm not sure if this is because it's not yet taken off in the UK or because I didn't look hard enough. Either way, it means I won't be signing up for a book box subscription service any time soon. While the international shipping cost isn't generally too expensive, if my delivery gets picked up by customs, I'll get stung with a nasty import fine. A real shame for UK readers like myself. Still an awesome service for US-based readers, though!

If you know of any UK-based book boxes, or I've missed any US or Canada-based services, please let me know in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of those! They look really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know of any UK services - but I hadn't heard of the idea until I read your post. They're a really nice idea aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of these either. How neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great article and news for book readers, i hardly seen any blog like this, so much information in it, Thanks author! Cheap Dissertation Writing Services |
    Cheap Assignment Writing Services

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!