Monday, 18 July 2016

You Know You're a Star Wars Geek When . . .

Your brother gives you tickets to watch an open-air screening of Star Wars The Force Awakens. What an amazing experience. It was the first time I'd been to a 'pop-up' cinema, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was also the first time my other half watched a Star Wars film.

Yes. You read it correctly.

Despite the lack of Star Wars knowledge, he loved it. Of course, I pointed out his having never seen the films to a group of devoted fans sat near to us. They thought it hilarious. Then they started eating their Star Wars cake. It was that type of evening.


My advice to anyone attending this type of event is to wrap up warm or take a blanket. We did feel the cold towards the end of the night.

While I'm on the subject of films, the newest Star Trek film is released this week. My reaction to both trailers has been tepid at best, but it's Star Trek. Any Trek is better than none, right?

8 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! Bet it was fun.
    Star Trek is still scored high on Rotten Tomatoes and I am pumped for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie - yes England isn't warm in the evening .. I remember many a night watching theatre - here or in Cornwall ... and being a wee cold - but sounds like you had fun - and it was a great experience ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your other half will probably believe this scene from Reign of Fire:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCBA1wii70o

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kind of outdoor cinema is popular here. They usually do an evening at a nearby park in the summer months. Great atmosphere. Lawn chairs, picnics, and yes wrap up warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good, but in the UK, outdoor cinema has one rather large snag. It rains a lot here and so is subject to losing its audience halfway through. Once watched a movie under a canvas roof. The rain drowned out the dialogue. Don't know what it was about to this day.
    I like Mark Murata's link, great acting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! You know, if that event was held in Florida, there would have been no need for blankets. =) Now I have to find out if there's anything like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree - any Trek is better than none :) Sounds like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!